unidentified fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

monkeychops

Reaction score
hey all,hope your all ok, was just wondering the best way to find out what a certain fish is, i've looked in the fish index but can't seem to find it. Unfortunately when my bro bought t he forgot to find out the name and now i need to research it for him as it's getting very fat. Any help would be great.

the fish is about an inch long white on the bottom and a kind of golden colour on the top with a brown sort of dotted line through the middle of the gold with a red bottom fin. not sure what else i can say about it.

A picture of this fish would help more.

If you don't have a picture, could you describe the body, fin and tail shapes?

Gold Mountain Minnow ??

White%20Cloud%20Mountain%20Minnow.jpg

Mountain Minnow
white_cloud_minnow1.jpg

Is it torpedo-shaped like the two minnows pictured above? Does it have long, thread-like ventral fins that it uses like 'feelers' (gourami)? What do you mean it's 'getting fat'? Does it hang around the bottom of the tank or the middle or te top most? Is it active? Is it aggressive or nippy? How long have you had it and how long has it been an inch long for? Is it not growing any more than that then?

thanks for the replys all unfortunately i can't get a photo onto the computer it looks quite similar to the minnows but the dorsal fin is a different shape looks more like a tetras fin.
When i say it's getting fat i mean the belly is growing more and more like a pregnant mollies belly grows. It is active all the time and eats whenever it is fed so i don't think it is ill.
It's not my fish it's my brothers and i think he has had it for about a couple of weeks we reckon it is over an inch long but hard to tell.

I am really stuck as to what else to say sorry-hope someone can help

i just took another look at a picture od a minnow and the body is to thin to be this fish and the caudal fin is more rounded than pointy i would say it is a fatter/bigger version of a neon tetra just golden on the top and white on the bottom. sorry for any confusion

that is def it, lilfishie your are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D if i need any help from now on i'm coming to you.lol
Thank you everyone for all your help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back