Unhappy ending...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PereguineFalcon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I went to one of the LFS today to discover they were in a dilema. They were supposed to be getting in a shipment of fish today at 1:00 or sooner. Well, the fish didn't come in till 5:30, and that was only 4 of the 12 boxes. Of all the fish that arrived, all the saltwater fish were dead except for the invertibrates, and quite a few of the freshwater fish were dead as well, particulary the african cichlids. They needed help as much as possible to get the fish out and into their respective tanks so i pitched in. It was really sad havnig to remove all the dead fish. Even though we worked as fast as possible to save them, we still lost quite a few more. It just broke my heart. :byebye:

that is sad.

Great to hear you helped out!!!

Yeah i think it was the shipping company, supposed to be there by 1:00p.m. but got there at 5:30. So yeah, they were flying Horizon, got mixed up or lost and came in late and dead fish as a result. Not a very pleasant expierence considering that i am having some fish shipped to me either tomorrow or today....so yeah, kinda unnerving to say the least. It was very sad though.

:sad: That's so sad! :-(

Knowing saltwater fish (see my avatar), I understand that they would've died, but it seems really cruel that the shipping company didn't even care enough to realize they were shipping live fish.

If they did realize it, that seems even worse! :sad:

Gee that sounds like USPS Express mail...Overnight service my patoot. Overnight turned into 7 days once for me and the fish didn't make it. :grr:

The last 3 out of 4 times I used it the packages got lost for 4 days. I won't use it anymore. I took for granted the overnight service guaranteed to me was actually overnight. Pfshaw. Try a week. :angry:

They had live fish rush delivery on all the packages that i saw. I don't understand why it took so long. Something to do with the airport and the shipping co. Just was a sad ordeal all around.

Hi PereguineFalcon :)

That's so sad! :byebye: I hope the survivors don't suffer any delayed illness as a result of their ordeal.

Where else but at a lfs would a customer pitch in and help unpack their merchandise? ;)

That's really sad, poor fish. Good of you to help them out though :look:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back