Just canā€™t figure out which fish had these cuties

Attachments

• FC51F7AA-9BAD-4283-89FF-FBF5630A495F.jpeg
    FC51F7AA-9BAD-4283-89FF-FBF5630A495F.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 2,449
  • E6F78D84-CBA8-4E6C-9E62-E2E794A87DF8.jpeg
    E6F78D84-CBA8-4E6C-9E62-E2E794A87DF8.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 92
The female of course. ;) But there is something you should know about many livebeares. The females are able to store the male's sperm. This enables the gals to have multiple spawns from a single encounter. So it is possible that you have two females in the tank but can still be getting fry.

The female of course. ;) But there is something you should know about many livebeares. The females are able to store the male's sperm. This enables the gals to have multiple spawns from a single encounter. So it is possible that you have two females in the tank but can still be getting fry.
Iā€™m just not familiar with male vs female fish and caring for tiny baby fish

It may be a bit late for this, but here is a comparison between female and male mollies. It's very easy to spot once you know what to look for.

Attachments

• How_to_know_male_or_female_Male_or_female_molly.png
    How_to_know_male_or_female_Male_or_female_molly.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 38
So I just woke up to an unexpected surprise
Just canā€™t figure out which fish had these cuties
hello, I have been breeding fish for a long time now, and those look like a week or two old. I have a huge Dalmatian molly and I can never tell when she is ready, they normally come out white or silver that age. so maybe your other fish? I had a molly give birth to 100 plus babies, only way you can tell is if you separate them and don't let them or other fish eat them.

Only the black and white fish is a Molly. The other two are platies. They look like molly fry so unless there is another fish in the tank they have come from the black and white fish.

It may be a bit late for this, but here is a comparison between female and male mollies. It's very easy to spot once you know what to look for.
I actually realized this morning that our Dalmatian molly is acting a little different today. It has been hiding near the heater and behind plants .

hello, I have been breeding fish for a long time now, and those look like a week or two old. I have a huge Dalmatian molly and I can never tell when she is ready, they normally come out white or silver that age. so maybe your other fish? I had a molly give birth to 100 plus babies, only way you can tell is if you separate them and don't let them or other fish eat them.

6F1DCFD3-57A3-4E27-B53F-32ABD4C010B2.jpeg
280E23BC-1767-4F00-AC2E-059065F93974.jpeg

These are my three fish in the big tank , the Dalmatian and the little black one have been in hiding since this morning

Attachments

• 5CF7F4B4-5F70-47EA-A274-4093D4107BFC.jpeg
    5CF7F4B4-5F70-47EA-A274-4093D4107BFC.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 31

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back