Unexpected Little Ones

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

here_fishy

Reaction score
so ishould post in a couple other forums here fisrt, but i'm going to combine them cause i dont have a whole lot of time before its time to go to sleep :-D.

I'm new to the board, YAY. I'm from oregon, and I have 5 fish. 2 "zebra" danios, 2 baloon platys (orange) and one speckled platy.

Here's me "emergency".
I was feeding my fish when i got home tonight and counting my multiplying snail population (that i swear came out of NOWHERE) and i see a little grey fish. he looked like one of the danios. Then i was looking closer and i saw a little black fish with an orange head! i have a fish book that says most adult fish if kept around younger fish they will eat them. I definetly dont want that to happen. sp i gently removed them from the tank and moved them to a smaller tank using the same water from the big tank. I'm just wondering what the best way is to raise these baby fish. put them back in? feed and provide different things for them? only put one fish with them? what do I do!!!

If you want to raise the fry for selling best of issolating them to a tank of there own.
They can be kept in the main tank if you have plenty of hiding spaces and plant covering at the top of the tank.
Baby brime strimp and flakes crushed.

i'm going out to get some brime shrimp today (baby ones) i used to have dried brime shrimp when i had my beta fish, but i think he ate them all :D Thanks for the help

scratch that, my female plopped out the rest of her babies today, more like 30 now! but i can still tell the ones apart from the 12th, they are much bigger.

Most reactions

trending

Back