(UNDYED) JELLYBEAN VS BLOOD PARROT

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OoHeatheroO

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I read in a couple posts that people have said that jellybean parrots have been bred...i thought they were the same thing as the blood parrots...but i know blood parrots are 99% sterile. Someone please validate this with information? I'd LOVE to get jellybean (UNDYED) parrots if they actually breed.

Thanks

It's only the male blood parrots which are usually sterile, so getting jellybean parrots is a simple matter of breeding a female BP to a pink con. I'm not sure about the sterility rates of jellybean parrots, but my LFS was a breeding pair :dunno:

I pretty sure jellybean parrots are blood parrots with 50% convict blood in them, there have been some cases's of people breeding them but this is very rare the only guys who i know breed them with pics and you can also buy them is deathbydyeing.org its a website that focus's on dyed fish and helps stopping it.

I have 3 jelly bean parrots and they are nasty evil fish ,I took them in because they were about to be flushed ,I'm sorry i did now :(

Hehe, jellbean parrots really are little scamps, aren't they?? :lol:
One of the ones at my LFS tries to bite my hand through the glass if I put my finger up to him. Very aggressive little booger, that one.

I won't put my hand in the tank ,they will eat me :unsure: They go after the fish that are 4 times bigger than them.

I was feeding bloodworm in a net the other week,I hadn't even put the net in the water when one of them jumped into the net and started gobbling them all up ,evil little :sly:

evil..... mine's caused the death of many fish. beat up one firemouth really bad, i dont think it will ever get the finnage that its supposed to have. hes in a 30 gal with a belly crawler pike cichlid. i think hes a jellybean, he looks the same but is only around 4in and stayed that size for like a year, even though he was in a 55 gal. i think he has more convict blood in him or something. i bred him with another female convict. i named him Pinky, hes cool. i really dont think hes stunted though.

EDIT: i think the difference is that the jelly beans stay smaller, or well mine does, and that the jelly bean's faces arent all weird looking.

I bought what everyone called a "jellybean parrot" his color is orange not pink or red like a blood parrot, he's about 4" and lives with a gold clown knife, a female convict, and two bleekeri cichlids, he trys to beat up the bleekeri's (for those that don't know what they are, all black fish from madagascar, predator) the other fish in the tank are still pretty small but he's pretty aggressive towards them, he has tried numerous times to spawn with the female convict but he eats the eggs as soon as she lays them :( he doesn't actually bite the other fish as he has a kind of "O" mouth but he does try, mainly he just chases them.

Most reactions

trending

Back