Underwater fern gully

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dragonslair

Dragon.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I have received my 2nd delivery of plants today from Java. They have surpassed themselves. My aquairum is now so full of plants that I have to hunt for the fish. The fishes seem to be in paradise, they love the cover the plants provide and they are darting in and out of the forest. Retrieving corpses is a nightmare especially if they decide to "bury" themselves in amongst the java moss. Lighting is now becoming a problem. I have twin tubes 100w each, but the light seem to only trickle and cause dapples to the lower reaches of the aquairum. Is this going to be a problem,do you think? I certainly won't have algae. The corys and loaches love it. The plecs too are in their element. Dimly lit substrate. You can see the occupants of the tank clearly from a front view,but...there's always a but. Isn't there.

Sound smart.
But it also sound like theres to many plants in there if the light cant get through. One row of tall plants at the back is usually enough, with several smaller ones on the rest of the substrate.
This could also cause the problem of the plants getting burnt, as they are nearer the lights. Light give off loads of heat.

You may have to reorganise the tank a bit to let the light through.

Plus you'll need to get some pictures :)

yep sounds like the problem to me. Java always tend to be a bit better on their stock. a lot of the stuff you buy online is maybe 20 good plants and 30 stalks.

Did you buy them on-line? If so, could I please have the URL - I need to get some more plants and can't find anything "interesting" at my LFS. BTW, do you use CO2?

I gave you all that inf. and I didn't have to press a single key on my PC. That's technology for you.. :laugh: :laugh:

If he's a ventriloquist, I definetly don't want to think where his hand's been. lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back