Underfeeding?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Am I underfeeding my female BN Pleco? I give her 1/2 of a sera spirulina tablet every other day. I put the tab in front of her and she quickly gobbles it up. I target feed her and make sure the cardinal tetra in the tank with her don't steal it. She always finishes it in under a minute, does that mean she is still hungry? I will post a pic of the size of tablet and a pic of her.

Attachments

• 20200819_230437.jpg
    20200819_230437.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200819_230243.jpg
    20200819_230243.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200818_001607.jpg
    20200818_001607.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 131
I used to feed mine a whole wafer every other day and then my mom said a dude at the fish store told her to feed him every day, so that's what mine gets. He gets two wafers every night.

I used to feed mine a whole wafer every other day and then my mom said a dude at the fish store told her to feed him every day, so that's what mine gets. He gets two wafers every night.
I will increase how much I feed her then. She doesn't look skinny, but I want to make sure she is getting all of the needed nutrition. I think I will alternate shrimp pellets and my algae tablets every day, except the fasting days. I fast all of my fish once a week. I also have a veggie day once a week to keep everyone regular.

Sounds like a good plan. My common/sailfin pleco Gaston is a big boi too, and at the time we were trying to get a lesion on his tail to heal. While I wish no fish ill will, kinda wish he'd just croaked cuz he attacks my other fish

I had a male albino bn pleco that had no problem pushing other fish around if they came too close to his wafers, so I didn't have to worry about him being out competed for food. This little lady, on the other hand, is pretty shy since she lets other fish push her away from wafers. Although, when I went in to give her a pellet (using aquarium tweezers) she caught it as I released it, then almost choked before she spat it out and correctly ate it. It seems I don't have to worry about her not liking her food.

When I did feed my BNP pleco wafers, I fed him a full one every day.

Now I feed him a mixture of blanched cucumbers and shrimp pellets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back