Un-Dyed JellyBeans, Any Info?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

HotStuffGal

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am Interested In Buying Maybe a Pair Of Un-Dyed JellyBeans. I have a 29 gallon tank which Is Cycling. I am wondering whatare the fundamentals of Keeping them and what would be an adequate feeding and how big do they get. Any Info is appretiated, Thanks! ~Scarlett

wel... i dont think 29 gallon is big enough for two fullgrown, i believe there maximum is 8 inches? correct me if im wrong :D

fufanu360 said:
wel... i dont think 29 gallon is big enough for two fullgrown, i believe there maximum is 8 inches? correct me if im wrong :D
Maybe 1 un-dyed Jelly Bean then? I have no clue about them so I don't know if your wrong, I read that they get teh size of convicts, Yet I don't knwo how reliable the source was.

If jelly beans are blood parrots my lfs has a 10 year old one around 8" long and really thick! they have an awesome personality

Jellybean parrots are mixed with 50% convict blood, Check out the hybrid forum there is a picture there in my pinned topic.

Like all American cichlids you should just treat these guys the same in food, bloodworms, flake food and so on.

They do get a bit bigger than 8" mine is already 8.5" and is only 2 years old.

Vip said:
They do get a bit bigger than 8" mine is already 8.5" and is only 2 years old.
VIP - Do you mean they get bigger than regular parrots?

What size do the regular parrots max out at? :dunno:

i think Blue Ice has one and it looks awsome :nod:

i think the max size is 8 inches....

DD

It's about 8" for both. 15-20g per parrot is the general rule of thumb. I would say that 2 JBs would be ok, but you don't really have any room for dithers. Mine are extremely shy without dithers (I have normal parrots, not JB).
I'm putting mine in my 45H when it's ready, it has close to the same footprint as the 29 I believe.

Edit: Dwarf dude, his isn't a jellybean, I believe that his is Parrot x Flowerhorn hybrid. It has the same pattern as the FH.

I have 3 jelly bean parrots only small, (didn't know they'd get so big) :grr:

Are the bubble gum parrots the blue ones I've saw?

Which are dyed in those 2?

Thanks For all The Info Guys, And Sorry For Posting This in The Wrong Forum!

Cat, the true color of jellybeans is white. Because of this natural color, those are the commonly dyed ones.

Jellybeans are not hybrids, at least not the short body convict jellybeans.

Undyed jellybeans will get to about 5" for a male and 3-4" for a female(usually smaller). A 29 gallon will be plenty of room for a breeding pair but since they are bascally convict you probably wont be able to have any tankmates exept possibly a sturdy catfish/pl*co.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back