Ultimate frustrations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 149562

My ultimate frustration is when that expensive gadget or appliance curls up its microchips right after the warranty runs out.

This morning my Dolce Gusto Majesto died...and promptly managed to knock out the entire ring main whilst dying.

Pitch blackness (was 4am), all power sockets dead (which obviously included the aquariums). Did the usual reset on the consumer board...all good there.

Checked the fuse in the plug....no issues
Checked the fuse in the surge protection unit....no issues

Stripped down the offending coffee machine to find the entire circuit board well and truly frazzled.

Hunted the receipt....this is an office type Dolce Gusto (larger water tank, LCD screen etc).....£400....bought 18 months ago......warranty 12 months.

Why oh why does everything wait til the warranty has run out before going bang?

What are your ultimate frustrations?

This is going to sounds petty, but I hate that most cat food bags don't have resealable packaging. I am already paying $35 for 18 lbs of cat food. Why not make the package a little more robust and useful?

My ultimate frustration is when that expensive gadget or appliance curls up its microchips right after the warranty runs out.

This morning my Dolce Gusto Majesto died...and promptly managed to knock out the entire ring main whilst dying.

Pitch blackness (was 4am), all power sockets dead (which obviously included the aquariums). Did the usual reset on the consumer board...all good there.

Checked the fuse in the plug....no issues
Checked the fuse in the surge protection unit....no issues

Stripped down the offending coffee machine to find the entire circuit board well and truly frazzled.

Hunted the receipt....this is an office type Dolce Gusto (larger water tank, LCD screen etc).....£400....bought 18 months ago......warranty 12 months.

Why oh why does everything wait til the warranty has run out before going bang?

What are your ultimate frustrations?
Under the consumer guarantees act. Your product should be covered, for the expected life of the product. If this machine is expected to last 10 years it should last 10 years.

I'll keep it fish-orientated...
We live in a beautiful and complex natural world and for too, too many, it's not enough!
This is clearly evident in fishkeeping, when I see tanks full of fluorescent substrates and plastic plants, of 'toys' and, the epitome, so-called Glo'Fish'.

Now I do understand that we all have an inner child and, quite often, it is to the child that such things appeal, especially when blatant anthropomorphism is applied. It appears the fish is inadequate, unless it is given a human personality. "My little babies love me", etc..
I also know that personal taste is wholly subjective.

But...

What a waste!

As I said, we live in a beautiful and complex world and so much of it is missed, ignored, or classed as 'irrelevant' or 'boring'.

There will likely soon come a time when lions and tigers and bears, oh my, are consigned to the history books, to sit alongside the sabretooth, mammoth, dinosaurs, unicorns and dragons, Fungus the Bogeyman and Ariel the Mermaid, creatures only to be seen in story books and advertising.

The main oven on my cooker went bang (literally) one week out of guarantee. It's one of those ovens with different settings depending on what you are cooking and the motherboard catastrophically failed. When I rang for a repair I didn't mention the smell of burning plastic, only the flash and bang, so when the repair man arrived a week later he didn't have a replacement motherboard in the van. If I'd mentioned the burning plastic smell, he would have brought one.
So he came back next week with a new motherboard. And the oven didn't work. So he replaced the rear element and fan as I'd been using it on fan setting when it went bang. It still didn't work. So he went to consult the "tech guys".
Back again after yet another week. He was told by the "tech guys" to replace every element in both ovens and take them back for testing. So that was the rear and top elements in the main oven and the side and grill elements in the top oven. Finally, three weeks later I had a functioning main oven. At least I did have the smaller top oven, grill and hob during those 3 weeks.

A few months later I caught one of the hob knobs in my sleeve and snapped it off. The same repair man came out and remembered about the oven. I'd been the first of several to have the same problem. The "tech guys" discovered the top element in the main oven was faulty. So when the next owners reported the same problem, they knew to replace the motherboard and that one element.

As far as fish related goes, it would probably have to be the distribution of coral. Venders have raised the price of coral to a ridiculous price. 20 years ago, even 10 years ago, some of these “high end” corals would be 5x less expensive.

I also dislike how the same exact coral from one gender, can be 2x more extreme from another, just because they name it something different.

—-

As far as “real life” goes, it would probably have to be other teenagers. Some are just plain mean and instantly judge you based on your looks, background, style, interests, etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back