UK plant seller recommendation??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a website for live plants please?

Not really , Iv had them crushed, dead, infested with snails, not as ordered so I'm searching as well . Best bet is to choice them in person.

If you can find a supplier for Tropica plants I recommend those. They're grown from a close cell culture so no snails or things like that to worry about. They're the only plants I use in my tanks now.

OK I am looking for amazon sowrds anubis. And can yous recommend anything else easy growing like them ?

I usually use Proshrimp who stock the Tropica plants mentioned by @Sylvan. They also stock from other suppliers but all their stock is EU sourced and shrimp safe which is important to me. Like everyone else they do currently have stock issues. Based on the recommendation of another site member I recently bought some tissue cultured plants from an eBay seller called K2AQUA. I was impressed with the quality of the plants received and there does seem to be a good range of stock listed on their store.

I got amazing giant Anubias plants on eBay in the U.K. Ashby_pets_and_aquatics was the shop. They were many times better than any other Anubis’s I have bought it seen in shops.

You can pick up tropica plants at pets at home, I bought an amazon sword from swell a few months ago for £5 it’s quite large and has grown very well. No problems with parasites! Actually it came with a second little one which is in the corner. For scale my tank is a 60l, about 35cm tall. The moss on mesh on the other hand.... absolute rubbish!
image.jpg

Somewhere on another thread someone reported that P&H could not get Tropica plants at the moment.

I too like k2aqua on Ebay as his plants are guaranteed shrimp safe. His plants have always arrived in perfect condition as he used rigid cardboard boxes to pack them in. Though even he has a lot of plants in his lists which are currently out of stock.

Somewhere on another thread someone reported that P&H could not get Tropica plants at the moment.

I too like k2aqua on Ebay as his plants are guaranteed shrimp safe. His plants have always arrived in perfect condition as he used rigid cardboard boxes to pack them in. Though even he has a lot of plants in his lists which are currently out of stock.
They are struggling to get hold of them thanks to corona disrupting shipping. Unfortunately for us I don't think aquarium plants are high on priority :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back