- Jun 25, 2021
- Reaction score
- Why must you know
What should I do when I have these readings then in tap water?It's a global forum and there are definitely some parts of the world where the water doesn't seem as tightly regulated as ours here in Blighty. There are also more users of wells out there than we are used to.
Whilst some untreated waters can cause fish harm, the real and persistent danger of untreated water is to the bacterial colonies in the tank.
Remember that the water is specifically treated, so as to kill bacteria, to make it safe to drink. Adding this to the tank will kill tank bacteria, which will kill the Nitrogen Cycle, which will kill the fish.
Heres the pic again: