The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sqbear46

Reaction score
Please how do i get rid of them?

Ugh Snails! 001.JPG

Thank you, Nicole

Either put lettuce in your tank over night (they will be swarming on it) and then take it out.

OR try putting in 1 tsp. of aquarium salt per gallon. FW snails die with salt, but you will have to pick out dead snails...

Clown loaches also love snails btw.

Clown loaches grow huge and like to be in groups. Not recommend just to rid snails

I have a bunch of assassin snails (about 4-6 per tank), there are still some pest snails but they are now only sitting on plants and gravel rather than crawling all over the glass. Its a nice balance now rather than an annoyance.

overfeeding can cause snails so try reducing you food.also could go no food for couple of days as fish will fine.

if you are wanting any assassin snails, i have some for sale which you can find in the classified section :good:

I'm in the need for pest snails, my assassin snails need something to eat! You can send them to me!

When I had a load of snails a while back, a combination of feeding less, assassin snails, traps and removing them manually eventually got rid of them after a few months :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back