Ufc, Wec, Cage Fighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ReMz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anyone here follow MMA fighting?

If you do, you'll understand the following rant (couple hours delayed as i had it Tivo'd).

FABER **** WHAT HUH HOW BLAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

lol. He was so explosive and .... and... inhuman... quite possibly the most agile I've ever seen him in his career. I have to congratulate Brown for training very well against Faber's spontaneous style... BUT COME ON. Faber's elbow would have ended the fight 90% of the time... .except browns fist happened to be in the way :p

sooooo disappointed with the result of that fight... it seemed very improbable that brown would take that.

All I can hope for is that Faber is now more determined than ever and retakes the belt with a vengeance (aka super highlight reels)

At least on another note... Brown was barely walking after the fight with what appears to be broken ribs..... props to him for defeating faber regardless of the injury. Lucky *** :p

I started to watch it, but then realised most of it is rolling around on the ground for 4 in every 5 minutes. I then learnt how biased the rules are against a true striker and I could see how it would never be a true mixture of all marital arts. At that point I got bored and went back to boxing.

I started to watch it, but then realised most of it is rolling around on the ground for 4 in every 5 minutes. I then learnt how biased the rules are against a true striker and I could see how it would never be a true mixture of all marital arts. At that point I got bored and went back to boxing.

Yep same here. I do Tae Kwon Do and our instructor likes to teach alot of ground fighting aswell, but I'd rather be on my feet trading than rolling around on the ground.

Love it- anyone watch fighting hurts on Nuts? The Alliss brothers are best mates with my other half- in fact they are down the pub now together. Leigh won it, though had a bit of an unfair advantage cuz he used to be a pro boxer.

Felt a bump is in order since Faber vs Pulver II is coming up this sunday in WEC (VS channel).

Should be epic.

"biased the rules are"
in what sense?

the rules are defined. Knockout or submission ends the fight.

In my book, an all-round fighter that is not specialized in just one area (but truly trained in all areas of fighting) demonstrates a true mixture of mixed martial arts. If it takes using Jujisto (aka rolling on the ground) to defeat a lesser opponent with technical-know-how, I'm intrigued. That is a form of fighting that must be recognized.

Regardless, I'll watch MMA knockouts anyday over boxing knockouts. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge boxing fan..... but if your looking for some brutal KO's then at least watch MMA fighting a few times.

Yep same here. I do Tae Kwon Do and our instructor likes to teach alot of ground fighting aswell, but I'd rather be on my feet trading than rolling around on the ground.
I'm a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do (as of 4 years ago). Tae Kwon Do is not about ground maneuvers...... it is taught, but kicking strategies define the art.

I would rather be leveling people in competition too..... but the people with this ideology don't last long in MMA.

Consider this: You want to knock someone out in championship MMA fight.
You fight intelligently and either hint toward a take down or make false attempts.
When your opponent expects your right shoulder dive as a take down attempt, they leave themselves open by dropping their hips.........
That is going to be a knockout if you throw a hard right jab.

i love watching it

Right on brotha.

Although I love the sport, I am a bit conflicted with the concept.

I know 'only defend yourself fully in a life or death situation'.

I guess I just love an old fashioned ass kicking more than anything :p

I love watching UFC and other MMA events.

Done a wee bit of kick-boxing, but my temper and bad attitude meant I couldn't get graded :-(
I only done it to help keep in shape whilst working the doors in various nightclubs in Glasgow and surrounding areas.

But hopefully after I get the all clear on my knees, I'll be taking my sons to either Kick-boxing or Muat-Tai !

I really need to get fit, dont care about grades / belts etc etc...as long as my kids are learning a disipline...then I'm glad to tag along with them B-) :cool:

I love watching UFC and other MMA events.

Done a wee bit of kick-boxing, but my temper and bad attitude meant I couldn't get graded :-(
I only done it to help keep in shape whilst working the doors in various nightclubs in Glasgow and surrounding areas.

But hopefully after I get the all clear on my knees, I'll be taking my sons to either Kick-boxing or Muat-Tai !

I really need to get fit, dont care about grades / belts etc etc...as long as my kids are learning a disipline...then I'm glad to tag along with them B-) :cool:

sigh

i'll let this topic die

watched it one time...one guy kicked the crap out of the other and the guy who got beat up won...seemed super fixed so i stopped, too much like wwf

"biased the rules are"
in what sense?

Yes biased. If someone runs up to you and grabs you around the waist to try and throw you to the floor, one of the best things to do is to introduce their back/neck/head to various non-soft parts of your upper appendages. In MMA you cannot do this so the sort of techniques used in Karate or traditional chinese Kung Fu styles to prevent a grappler getting/wrestler the upper hand are banned.

From there a large advantage arises for those that prefer to work on the floor, and it is why so many fights end up being mat battles.

i'm obviously in the wrong forums for this :lol:

The only really one fighter worth talking about and thats Fedor Emelianenko the guys a machine.

The owner of ufc hates him and says he not good but lol he last two fights both past UFC champions he beat Sylvia 36 sec and Arlovsk (who was getting trained on his stand up by Freddy roach) in the first round

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back