Uaru tankmates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ethank984

Reaction score
What tankmates would work best with red eye tetras and a Senegal bichir? (90 gallon aquarium)
I would prefer large tankmates, either one extra large centrepiece fish or a couple large fish. Possibly larger peaceful chichlids?

Last edited:
I had a Bichir with my uaru that would be a good tank mate. Tetras are hit and miss they are often eaten or scared so badly they jump out.

Not sure where this thread has been hiding but sorry for the late reply.

Big peaceful cichlids could include Geophagus braziliensis or Severums. Slightly smaller fish could include Festivum, Keyhole or Blue Acara cichlids.

Uaru amphiacanthoides require similar conditions to discus and are quite peaceful. They would probably be ok with the birchir but you would have to watch the red eyes for fin nipping.

The word Peaceful and any cichlid does not work. My Uaru was the cause of the death of my beloved Severum. I should have homed the Uaru as soon as I saw my severum was getting stressed. They can be mean I think they do best with other Uarus and other good size fish that are not cichlids. Uarus also eat plants and chew on wood and plastic plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back