Types Of Cory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Antoniakr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone :) 

I was wondering what are all the different types of cory? it'd be great if you could list the names and/or tell me about a certain type :)

Also, how many should you keep? is there a specific amount?

Do they do well With Platys?

I'm not too sure on all the types a couple i do know or think i know are  panda , peppered , bandit. by what i have gathered on here they need to be kept in at least a bunch of 6

There are hundreds of species of cory, too many to name here, all very peaceful fish that do well in most community tanks.
They prefer a sand substrate as they sift sand through their gills filtering particles of food, & do best in groups of 6+
Have a look on Planet catfish for all the varieties

There are well over 150 different species of corydoras, so it's not really possible to give you a list!

All corydoras should be kept in ag roup of at least six of their own species.

Most will live alright with platies, but you need to check each species, as most prefer soft water, whereas platies like it on the hard side.

Im not sure if 6 corys would fit in a 65liter Tank with 4 Platys?

Thank you all i will check those out! :) 

Corys go VERY well with Platy fish. that is what I keep in my platy tank. i usually go with a dwarf cory or albino cory. they have great personalities!

mrstwalker said:
Corys go VERY well with Platy fish. that is what I keep in my platy tank. i usually go with a dwarf cory or albino cory. they have great personalities!
They meant the water type wise corys like more softer water than platys i think, but they are peaceful with them yes.

Thank you everyone, i have found a liking towards Pygmy Corydoras, so cute! and i will probably be able to fit 7 in my tank with Platys :) although i haven't bought anything yet - im making sure the size etc.. will be okay for what i want :) 

sawickib said:

They meant the water type wise corys like more softer water than platys i think, but they are peaceful with them yes.

Platys do well in soft or slightly medium water. its pretty easy to home them together :)

A good cory for you may be the Panda Cory (2 inches) or the Salt and Pepper Cory (1.4 inches)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back