Type of betta?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I am a Newby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So i started community betta tank today just added fish few hours aggo and i wonder what typew of betta is this?

I would keep an eye on that betta. It really is best to keep them solo. Community tanks with a betta arent really the best...
I know that but when i get to store to buy fish today ( planned to get gyppys) they had none but that had this beta in comunnity tank with over 100 platyys and ksifos.
Was told he is chill and i lokked none of the other fish had tail nipped or any damage and he was chill so i got him and some fish from same tank.
So i got betta, 4 x ksifo( 1 male 3 female) , 5 x platty( 2 male 3 females) ,5x female guppy and 7 x small red tetras. Have healty colony of cherry shrimp in tank and i been watching him for last 3h he never flared or chased any other fish, but he keeps hunting rcs fry he ate few for sure and i dont mind that as rcs keep breading liek crazy.
Just wondering what type of betta is it?

Personally, I wouldnt listen to the people at the fish store. They are just trying to make a sale. How big is the tank? Even though they make look fine at the moment, there is no telling what it could decide to do somewhere down the line. Seems like a veiltail betta

Yeah i have 5g thats cycling righ now so i keep eye on him if he gets agressive he gets new home, for now i keep him in community as he seems chill got few caves under rocks and he is chilling in them hunting shrimp fry. I was testing to se how he behaves with mirror and he run away and hide in plants did not flair at all might be some scarady cat lol.
Veiltail ok tnx mate.

Well he si doing all right so far chilling and hunting shrimps im thinking fact that he has only one eye migh be why he is chilled maybe he just deosnt see other fish as threat with one eye , just guessing have no clue how fish see with one eye. He was missing one when i got him it can be seen in videos thats was main reason i liked him just looked cool llek he been through some stuff. Also is it normal for him to acctualy like water curent i thought bettas are bad swimers but he always hangs in back of tank where water output is and swimms up against it and then surfs al the way back he keeps doing that a lot. Like he is training to go on killing spree hahaha.

Well he si doing all right so far chilling and hunting shrimps im thinking fact that he has only one eye migh be why he is chilled maybe he just deosnt see other fish as threat with one eye , just guessing have no clue how fish see with one eye. He was missing one when i got him it can be seen in videos thats was main reason i liked him just looked cool llek he been through some stuff. Also is it normal for him to acctualy like water curent i thought bettas are bad swimers but he always hangs in back of tank where water output is and swimms up against it and then surfs al the way back he keeps doing that a lot. Like he is training to go on killing spree hahaha.
cute.

and honestly bettas get a bad rep but they aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. My male and female are both in tanks with other fish. My male is actually with a very successful yellow cherry shrimp colony, I havent seen him attempt to eat any of the babies. there are also pygmy corys with him. he doesnt like guppies though. my female is fine with guppies and thinks that shrimp are yummy

I probably should keep my mouth shut but, for 3 months now I've had a 20 long running with a male alien betta and a female betta with some pygmy cories. it depends on the betta!

also what size tank and what are your params.:)

I probably should keep my mouth shut but, for 3 months now I've had a 20 long running with a male alien betta and a female betta with some pygmy cories. it depends on the betta!

also what size tank and what are your params.:)
Tank size is 15g but with deep dirted substrate and rocks wood only holds 11g of water.
Parameters i forgot dont have kit right now i know it was al within range when measured month aggo i dont keep up with it at all just do 40% water change weekly and dose declhorinator, fertilizer and bit of beneficial bacteria when i clean filter.

Well he is lawman in tank my male platy been harassing one female for few hours now trying to mate her.
Eventualy she got close to Seamus ( betta name reference to Family Guy) and he started chaseing male platy away.
Now she hangs with betta and no one is harassing her. Didnt expect this develpment she fallows him arround lol.

So i got betta, 4 x ksifo( 1 male 3 female) , 5 x platty( 2 male 3 females) ,5x female guppy and 7 x small red tetras.
for 15 gallons the swordtails and platys will eventually outgrow the tank, reaching almost 4in in length. just to throw it out there.

a wise man once said, esta un poco sobreabastecido. (it's a little overstocked) just my perspective :)

Started in january with hobby made my self 7 galon tank, in april i got 15 by july i should get biger one again. And i have 5 g in cycle now just in case things go wrong with betta.Plan is to have tank in every room, daugther has 7g now , i have 15 and living room is planed for ,3 feet long whatever galons it comes to need to figure that one.

Parameters i forgot dont have kit right now i know it was al within range when measured month aggo i dont keep up with it at all just do 40% water change weekly and dose declhorinator, fertilizer and bit of beneficial bacteria when i clean filter.
Parameters means temperature, pH, KH and GH. The problem is that the betta and tetras need soft water but
the other fish need hard water. You might find the water hardness (GH) on your water provider's website?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back