Tylomelania or MTS

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Uf, so maybe I finally have a first tylomelania baby after 9 months of owning them, or it is really darkly colored MTS. Since it is so small I am not sure yet.
All my MTS are more greyish and have spots on the shell and the foot is dark, and this is dark shelled and yellow foot so I guess for sure tylomelania, since I only have the yellow/grey ones. Just hoping for some confirmation. Picture is not great quality, the snail is real small

Attachments

• IMG-0428.jpg
    IMG-0428.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 34
Your going to regret having snails if you are trying to breed egg laying fishes :)

Death to the snails

Well sure, but the tank is 120x50x60cm, tylomelania are not good at climbing up, so they roam the ground and wood on the ground. If tetra choose the moss in the middle and upper part of the tank, the snail will never reach it. Corydoras should choose glass or leaves higher up too and it could work. TBH with breeding corydoras ( though they are still not mature yet), I am more afraid of the tetra eating the eggs than I am of any snail. I have at least 6 months before I have to worry about corydoras though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back