Two new gourami species described

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Byron

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Info and photos (incredibly beautiful fish) at the link, which also contains a link to the scientific paper for those interested. Both species are endangered in the wild.

Info and photos (incredibly beautiful fish) at the link, which also contains a link to the scientific paper for those interested. Both species are endangered in the wild.

WOW..."beautiful" is putting it mildly....

wow! funny little gourami fish guys
the second one looks like a strange betta

i want one now, are there any gouramis that have similar shape to a betta but are still peaceful

They are some beautiful fish. We tend to take for granted that we kind of know every critter by now but these guys where only recorded in 1999 and are now only just being properly classified.

The research paper does say that they have hopes that at other remote locations will have this species but they haven't been surveyed yet. Fingers crossed that they are thriving somewhere else away from manmade influences.

Last edited:
wow! funny little gourami fish guys
the second one looks like a strange betta

i want one now, are there any gouramis that have similar shape to a betta but are still peaceful
Gourami and betta are pretty closely related. Maybe sparkling gourami (they are super small, though), but I have not kept them myself.

These two featured gourami are absolutely stunning! I hope they manage to increase their numbers in the wild.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back