Two New Aquariums

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

yancho

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hei there,

Looks like this aquarium bug took me by the hand because I am really getting addicted. What started with a fish bowl in some months ended up in 2 x 4FT aquariums, one with live bearers and one still in the cycle which will have some nice Angels.

As if that is not enough, I am also planning another 2 small ones.

(A) One is 50x23x30 cm which is a very small one and I'm thinking of putting just some guppies in it. thinking maybe 1 Male Guppy and 3 Female Guppies only and
(B) one is very small: 37x20x23cm which is going to host just 1 betta (I love these!)

Can you please help me review the products which I am thinking of getting? Please note that the small (b) one won't be next to the bigger one (A) so I cannot share resources.

Aquarium A:

Filter: HAGEN ELITE STINGRAY 15 INTERNAL AQUARIUM TANK FILTER 15Gallon 300lt/ hr

Heater: Resun 50W Aquarium Suction Cup Heater Marine Plant Fish Tank 50W

Air Pump: None

Aquarium B:

Filter: "Elite Stingray 5 Internal Filter. Quiet and Efficent for Aquariums of up to 19l." 5Gallon

Heater: Resun 25 Watt 25W Glass Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater 25W

Air Pump: None

My main concern is Aquarium B. Will the current generated by the Stingray be too much for my Betta? If yes what do you suggest please? Maybe Air driven filter?

With regards to A: I am keeping it understocked since I will be seeing it only once a week during the weekend (keeping it at parents' home) so can't much take care a lot of it. Might also go for 3 x Male Guppies only.

With regards to B: It will be with me, so will be taking much more care of it myself.

Thanks for your help

I think the flow is a good thing to be thinking about but I don't have any decent suggestions for you, perhaps the betta people would over in their subforum.

We used to have a fair number of discussions worrying about the zeolite that I think got mixed in with the carbon on those stingray filters (not to mention concern about whether these filters had "leak" problems (meaning internally, where water got past the media unfiltered.) I don't whether these concerns would still be legitimate, but I suspect they might be. Anyone out there running one?

~~waterdrop~~

thanks waterdrop. will post in the bettas sub forum

cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back