Two articles of mine published...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, the February issue of the Poecilia news magazine has been released. Two articles of mine have been publisehd again. One is about the senses in fish and one article is ablout the Poecilia reticulata iridescent 1927. This is an old (over 90 years... and it's the birthyear of my dad) lab research wild guppy strain. After thought it has been long vanished from the scene, it turned out that this strain was still going on till this very day without any addition of blood of another guppy species. I've managed to get my hands on a group of over 60 fish of this specifi strain from a german breeder. He is very selective in handing out these guppies to someone. So yes, I'm the proud owner of this strain and they've already reproduced themselves overhere.
It's already amazing if a strain that has been kept in captivity for so long to breed true and no weakness or even deformities are at hand. Øjvind Winge (a danish biologist, the scientific name for pure endlers is named after him) brought them along to England back in 1921. And these guppies were used for lab research for 6 years in a row (1921-1927).
The article about the senses in fish is an 4 page article and the article about the wild guppy strain is an 4 page article.

Attachments

• 2021-02-12_185321.jpg
    2021-02-12_185321.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2021-02-12_192953a.jpg
    2021-02-12_192953a.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2021-02-12_190033.jpg
    2021-02-12_190033.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 2021-02-12_185858.jpg
    2021-02-12_185858.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 39
It's wonderful to see you getting recognition for all of your diligent and dedicated work to these fish!

Nu zou ik willen dat ik beter Nederlands kon lezen dan ik kan.

Well, thank you all... Much appreciated...
But I have to admit that it's not that it just happened to me. I do write relevant articles (for a number of years) for magazines in Holland, Germany, France and hopefully also Denmark this year. At least, in last year's fall, I was requested to write as well for a danish livebearer magazine by the head editor of that magazine.
And I'm an editor and one of the board members of this dutch livebearer magazine.
Articles in one of these magazines should be of a certain level. Just writing about having a fishtank and how nice those fish swim in it, won't make it to publishing in these magazines. That's why I also appreciate the foreign magazines that I'm able to write for. And they appreciate me as being as serious and passionate aquarist. At least, that's the comment I've got from them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back