Twisted Vallis Gone Mad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Iheartfish

Reaction score
Hey I have a giant straight vallis and a twisted vallis. The giant vallis I noticed has started to grow shoots for the baby plants (sorry for un-technical language) which worries me slightly, as the twisted vallis has gone crazy growing loads of baby plants everywhere. I am going to do a bit of an overhaul with the plants in my tank. I have a java fern on lava rock that ill most likely keep, but I have these crazy vallis plants, and two other plants I consider insignificant and rather boring, so have no idea/interest in what theyre called. I bought some plant weight things you bend around the plants, so i think I might make a day of it soon and separate them all. Would anyone like any twisted vallis young plants in the near future? Seems a waste to throw them out :sad:

Hey I have a giant straight vallis and a twisted vallis. The giant vallis I noticed has started to grow shoots for the baby plants (sorry for un-technical language) which worries me slightly, as the twisted vallis has gone crazy growing loads of baby plants everywhere. I am going to do a bit of an overhaul with the plants in my tank. I have a java fern on lava rock that ill most likely keep, but I have these crazy vallis plants, and two other plants I consider insignificant and rather boring, so have no idea/interest in what theyre called. I bought some plant weight things you bend around the plants, so i think I might make a day of it soon and separate them all. Would anyone like any twisted vallis young plants in the near future? Seems a waste to throw them out :sad:

How much are you asking plus delivery?

I have roughly 15, maybe more. How many would each of you want. I'll do them pretty cheap. Originally mother plant cost me £3.25 from pets at home. So how does 50p sound per plant? They are on average 15cm tall at the mo, but grow incredibly fast! How does one post an aquatic plant? Any tips would be helpful :unsure: will post as cheap as possible, but can't price p&p until I figure out how they're being posted lol! By the way in case any of you were unsure, it's the twisted vallis that's sprouted everywhere, but giant straight vallis is starting to 'reproduce'?? Will let you know when that happens if any of you want some, as prob won't be until the new year ish.. I live in south Devon if anyone wants to collect (I work full time)

Please PM me when your ready. It's probably far too Cold to post and with the delays to the post the plants probably wouldn't survive. Hopefully somebody who has posted plants before will help you out. I've only ever posted out Apple Snails. :good:

when i post plants i wrap them in wet kitchen roll and then pop them inside a zip top sandwich/freezer bag then place the bag into a jiffy envelope and post 1st class (usually around £1)

Tip on posting: Wrap them in wet kitchen towels, then pop them in a freezer bag and seal it's air tight, wrap them in some card and stick in a jiffy bag.

I think I'm gonna leave it until after Xmas as I want them to arrive without delays, plus I'm gonna need to purchase packaging materials. Watch this space... So just so I know, do any of you want to purchase more than one? And if so, in what quantity? Helps me figure out packaging sizes. Thanks :)

Definitley count me in for 2 or 3 please :) got a new 6ft setup which will be in need of plants after Xmas!

Ok well what I have done is separated the saplings from the mother plant, so after Xmas and once I've got packaging I'll let you know. Thanks guys :good:

If you have enough when the time comes I`d like to add my name to the list of those interested please.

I`d ideally like quite a few for my new setup if it will be possible :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back