Twinstar nano/Chihiros Doctor and Marimo

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mtm1992

Reaction score
Hello i have a question I hope you will answer - I have a Marimo Ball aqua scape but want to fight other algae's with a Twinstar nano/Chihiros Doctor. Will these sterilizers harm my Marimo's too?

Kind Regards, Mads.

Interesting product--that's a new one on me. After reading up on it, I would guess it won't harm your marimos. It seems to be an extremely efficient oxygenator which kills algae spores in the water column, keeping algae from spreading. I don't think it would have any effect on a marimo or other established plants (including established algae). It would simply keep the algae from reproducing, assuming that it actually works. A UV sterilizer does essentially the same thing, and is probably more effective.

I've seen these on some YouTube channels and in all honesty people only rate them when they are sponsored by Twinstar. Once they are not working with them they don't really get mentioned so... I'm not really convinced they do anything, I've read through a few articles of people reviewing them and have seen some pretty lengthy real world 'studies' not lab conditions but realistic in a home tank and they made no real difference. But there are a couple of examples where the owner is certain it has made a difference and both manufacturers are confident in their evidence to make the product.

Sorry if that is a bit negative, all I'm trying to say is don't think they will be a miracle cure for algae. If you go with one I'd go with the Chihiros as it is cheaper and they are the same thing.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back