Twinstar light size

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bicyclemaster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to get a twinstar for a 10G tank and I'm wandering which one to get. The tank is 40 cm long and I can either get a 30-40cm C-line or a 45-55cm B-line light. The C-line has 1000lumens while the other 1200. I'm thinking that the 1200lm one would be better for the kind of plants I want to put in because they require higher light but I think it would be strage to have a light longer then the tank. Can I get another person's opinions? It would be highly appreciated.

I want to get a twinstar for a 10G tank and I'm wandering which one to get. The tank is 40 cm long and I can either get a 30-40cm C-line or a 45-55cm B-line light. The C-line has 1000lumens while the other 1200. I'm thinking that the 1200lm one would be better for the kind of plants I want to put in because they require higher light but I think it would be strage to have a light longer then the tank. Can I get another person's opinions? It would be highly appreciated.
For plant growth, I say the colour temperature is more important than the brightness. So if there's not much difference in colour temp between the B and C-line, I'd get the C line which fits the tank better.

If the light is wider than the tank, how would you put it on the tank? I have googled this brand and the edges of the light sit on the sides of the tank. With a minimum width of 45 cm, the B-line would not sit on the sides of the tank. There is a size for up to 40 cm tanks but it is less bright. With LEDs, PAR is more important, but they don't list that in the specifications.

Both have a spectrum of 7050K which is slightly high; 6500K is better. But the difference is so small it shouldn't matter.

I just checked again and even though they advertise it as if it's for 45-55 cm tanks the light itself is 39 cm so it should fit on a 40cm tank. Don't know why exactly they dont just say that it's 40-55 cm. I think I'll end up getting the B line as it's brighter then the C line and I can get a cheap dimmer from somewhere in case I need it.

As for the light spectrum, most of the people I know that use these light say that they can grow any plant, even harder to grow ones. Of course, as long as you give them everything else that they need.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back