The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

paradiddle

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi :)
Just curious as to if there is any type of turtle that can be kept with cichlids?

my tank:
450L
pH 8
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
<20 nitrate

i will make any adjustments needed if there is a turtle i could keep with them,
would preferably like something that doesnt get too big!

Ignore me if there is none :D 

All turtles grow to be 6+ inches, which means they will eat/catch and kill most fish. lol. IF you want to use the cichlids as feeder fish then that would be fine! :p JK, dont do that.

For turtles you would also need to lower the water water, add a dock, get a UV light, get a heat lamp etc etc etc. Yea. I wouldnt put then in a tank that is already set up. As well as a vivarium set is is best for turtles.... which means you have to empty the whole tank 100% and make one.

But! If you ever want to start a turtle tank up, I love turtles and I can get you in the right direction. :D

I agree with fish fanatic above me...

I had a red ear slider a while back. (in a tank to himself) and he got huge. We had to let him go in a pond. And his set up was specifically for turtles. They are a very rewarding pet. But take a lot of work.

I've got musk turtles and would not trust them with anything they can catch. If they don't grab them when it's light they will when the fish is sleeping. And if they don't chase them and catch them,the fish could swim too close.and it only takes one bite and you could have one critical fish. Would only recommend something small and fast. Neons are no good as they sleep on the bottom so easy prey. So you need a fish that sleeps out of the way of a passing turtle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back