Tumor?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This fish is happy in his little home read post #9, don't be critical. You have to be super kind here.
Since the Melafix is mentioned in the initial post, a warning against using it and why is required....this will stop any inadvertent complications whilst the fish is in quarantine or the owner is concerned that something might be wrong

I see the white lump and it could be a number of things, the least likely being a 'tumour'.
If it is a tumour, ie cancerous, then salt or medication is unlikely to have any effect and, when a genuine tumour is identified, then veterinary surgery is usually involved to remove it. This is obviously going to be expensive and every good vet will weigh up the benefit of surgery, compared with the stress caused to the fish.

That said, stressed fish are prone to bacteria and viruses and, seeing the environment you've placed the fish in, I suggest you look up some more resources of Better Betta care.
Here is just one of many.
KGTropicals Betta Care

Whilst I'm sure your heart is in the right place, please resist trying to play Fish Doctor. There's a multitude of many diseases, illnesses and parasites that can trouble fish and these are usually tricky to diagnose correctly, especially when you're new to the hobby. Whilst some conditions can be treated with shop-bought medications, many of these can be harmful to fish and so your diagnosis has to be correct. Most conditions can be treated without cost...

Stress is THE most common cause of seemingly poorly fish and so properly maintaining an appropriate tank will keep the fish stress-free and healthy.
Please remember that healthy does not just mean disease or sickness-free...it means that the fish is also 'happy' and thriving. This means that the fish is behaving as it should in the quality wild.

Please do not use Melafix, it will damage the Betta's labrynth organ.

The main ingredient of Melafix is tee tree oil that is very hazardous and sometimes fatal to all labrynth fish like Betta, Gourami etc who surface breathe naturally

If you have residue of Melafix in the quarantine aquarium from a recent dose, please do 75% or more water changes til it has gone.
Ok I only used it once and changed the water the same day just looked a lil cloudy but yea he’s fine any idea what the growth is?

I see the white lump and it could be a number of things, the least likely being a 'tumour'.
If it is a tumour, ie cancerous, then salt or medication is unlikely to have any effect and, when a genuine tumour is identified, then veterinary surgery is usually involved to remove it. This is obviously going to be expensive and every good vet will weigh up the benefit of surgery, compared with the stress caused to the fish.

That said, stressed fish are prone to bacteria and viruses and, seeing the environment you've placed the fish in, I suggest you look up some more resources of Better Betta care.
Here is just one of many.
KGTropicals Betta Care

Whilst I'm sure your heart is in the right place, please resist trying to play Fish Doctor. There's a multitude of many diseases, illnesses and parasites that can trouble fish and these are usually tricky to diagnose correctly, especially when you're new to the hobby. Whilst some conditions can be treated with shop-bought medications, many of these can be harmful to fish and so your diagnosis has to be correct. Most conditions can be treated without cost...

Stress is THE most common cause of seemingly poorly fish and so properly maintaining an appropriate tank will keep the fish stress-free and healthy.
Please remember that healthy does not just mean disease or sickness-free...it means that the fish is also 'happy' and thriving. This means that the fish is behaving as it should in the quality wild.
I did my research and learned that marble bettas in particular along with some dragon scales are prone to these tumors however they are not cancerous and don’t affect the quality of life unless it grows too big

To everyone worried about his “home” he will be in here extremely soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 35

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back