Tumor?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tyy9k

Reaction score
Is this a tumor? :( he is a marble betta, if it is a tumor is there anything I can do about it , been dosing with some salt and melafix he seems fine and eats fine

Attachments

• 61405393-2FAA-4D16-A630-C8CB47FBFF9E.jpeg
    61405393-2FAA-4D16-A630-C8CB47FBFF9E.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DD84E63C-6AA8-42AC-A662-D2FC49B8B869.jpeg
    DD84E63C-6AA8-42AC-A662-D2FC49B8B869.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 53
  • ABA3CC4C-5469-4B45-A9ED-53A6F6D0EEE4.jpeg
    ABA3CC4C-5469-4B45-A9ED-53A6F6D0EEE4.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 50
Its only been 4 hours. Be patient. Could you circle the 'tumor'

We need:

Ammonia
PH
Nitrate
Nitrite
Tank Size
Lighting
Sharp Objects
How long has tank been set up
Have you cycled

Tumors are quite rare in fish, usually tumors can appear genetically. Tumors are typically seen in older fish, and are most likely fatal. They can only be removed by a vet, but you can treat the fish for it to feel no pain. Most tumors are benine.

I can see the mark on him. What is his usual tank like. I take it you have put him in a container to get the photo. Please leave the fish in it's tank and don't handle anymore than you need to. Can you imagine how scared he was when you took him out of his tank for this photo shoot.

I can see the mark on him. What is his usual tank like. I take it you have put him in a container to get the photo. Please leave the fish in it's tank and don't handle anymore than you need to. Can you imagine how scared he was when you took him out of his tank for this photo shoot.
Uh this is his holding tank, he’s going to live his life in an almost fully cycled flu all flex

So how long is he in the " Holding " tank for. With no plants, no gravel, no nothing
I literally recently got him on Friday, saw that growth and just put him in here and treated with some salt and watched, he seems fine tho and will be going in the flex in about 3 days .he gets a daily water change in here and he gets huge diversity in his foods from frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, flu all bug bites, etc so he is not being neglected as you are making it seem with the second sentence of this comment.

I literally recently got him on Friday, saw that growth and just put him in here and treated with some salt and watched, he seems fine tho and will be going in the flex in about 3 days .he gets a daily water change in here and he gets huge diversity in his foods from frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, flu all bug bites, etc so he is not being neglected as you are making it seem with the second sentence of this comment.
Good job, I'm pleased he is happy.

Please do not use Melafix, it will damage the Betta's labrynth organ.

The main ingredient of Melafix is tee tree oil that is very hazardous and sometimes fatal to all labrynth fish like Betta, Gourami etc who surface breathe naturally

If you have residue of Melafix in the quarantine aquarium from a recent dose, please do 75% or more water changes til it has gone.

Why don't you pop some plants in the holding tank, just floating would be fine so he feels a little safer? Bettas naturally like to hide so he'll feel much happier if you provide him an environment to do so

Also, please don't treat your fish with meds until you know for sure what you're dealing with, I know you're trying to help

This fish is happy in his little home read post #9, don't be critical. You have to be super kind here.

This fish is happy in his little home read post #9, don't be critical. You have to be super kind here.
How about you grow up?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back