Tube worm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tube worms are filter feeders, they help keep the water clean.

and they look cool.
They are little fans, you wouldn't know they are worms at all.

They're gorgeous! If they are what I'm thinking about,lol. Featherdusters are the same right?

Make sure they eat enough. You can buy food I think, and I believe you squirt it at the base of their tube when feeding- not into the fan. :)

I have been trying to make featherduster garden, the lfs has been keeping a look out for all types for me. I will post photos when it is complete. Soo many colors, its really quite breath taking to see them all out.

I have four of them (small, though :( ) living in my tank. They're awesome! They harm nothing, and help polish your water. They are some of the most benign creatures you can get. :thumbs:

The other night I see this long white rope-like thing stretched from one rock to another, across and underneath a largish overhang rock, so in the darker area of the tank. I though it was more sponge that I already have in the tank. Walking back across the room I peeked again, and the thing was stretched only halfway across. So I sat down and looked, and unexpectedly got a show.

The thing curled up in a U shape, then dipped down into the sand. After a couple seconds it lifted up and you could see it had sucked in sand into the tube. Then it spat out a bunch in a little puff. Stretched back straight. Then did the whole thing over and over in different spots under there.

I have a built-in vacuum cleaner in the tank (how do I change the bag?)

wow nice show... I only see them jump in to the tube.

hmm how do they clean the bag? Hope they dont use one orifice for in and out...

I never feed mine... and I just get more and more. But, I wish they would come at a faster rate :)

cool! I guess that is what I have! I never see some of my tubes with anything coming out of them though..............

now, I do have a few featherdusters, and I can see them, although very small. are there different kinds?

I guess it is possible there are thousands of kinds and they all look the same to us... in any case I am not sure about that common type.

There are of course different kinds that are more exotic... but I am not sure if they will breed in the tank. The Hawaian one is most populare for purchace (because of the price and size I guess).

OMG WORM SIGN!

Adrinal said:
I guess it is possible there are thousands of kinds and they all look the same to us... in any case I am not sure about that common type.

There are of course different kinds that are more exotic... but I am not sure if they will breed in the tank. The Hawaian one is most populare for purchace (because of the price and size I guess).

OMG WORM SIGN!
Oh I liked that thread! I saw some Hawiian dusters for sale yesterday the size of my hand! They were soooooooo pretty!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back