Video Tsn, Cichlids & Shark Collection

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tbf they are all gasping extremely heavily and the tank looks to be very heavily stocked, Either your filtration/aeration is inadequate or you have high levels of ammonia present in the tank

You have some nice fish but from the video they are clearly suffering

Someone else mentioned that today also, they seem fine now, I had an external filter failure of days ago they are all much happier now the tank has settled again.
The tank isn't over stocked, there is a new rock area they were all fighting over but they have settled down now.

some nice but messy fish in there i do hope the tank is huge and filtration second to none......

The tank is 500 Litre, the TSN will be going in the pond once he's grown, the rest will stay in the tank.
Filter wise, I have two Internal Flurial U4's, and an external Aquis 500 but this has been playing up so I am on the look out for a better quality external filter at the moment.

that tank may become very crowded then at 500L.....

i would recomend getting an FX5 or 2 and ditching the internals to give maximum tank space. when those fish grow up a bit they will be struggling for space.

I have room for a larger tank, it's plenty big enough for them at the moment.
Twice weekly water changes is the only annoying part lol

Thanks for the tip on the filter, just e-mailed a chap with one for sale in the classifieds at the moment.

This is the tank size.

photo-5.jpg

I'm sorry but I have a 500L setup and if I had 1 TSN, 2JDs, 2 Parrots, a convict, a Jag, a Firemouth, Bala Shark, Hoplo, Botia, Angel, 2 Oscars, Salvini plus more, then my tank would be incredibly overstocked,

The Firemouth looks like its taken a beating aswell

Nice fish, however the jag and salvini will be super aggressive in that tank when they mature,been there done that.. Tsn in your pond, where do you live? if you have goldfish,cinsider them dinner, even the oscars very well might get aggresive and the jack dempsey, then the bala's will grow huge,...i would re-acess the situation now before it goes bad

I have enough space for a 8' x 3' tank once they get a little bigger, but they are fine at the moment.
I was a little unsure about the Jag, but I rehomed some of the Cichlids and I felt a little guilty about leaving him on his own so I took him with me.

I have a tropical pond from a family member thats going in the summer house once he's large enough, no Gold Fish, just TSN and Red Tail.

Thanks for the advice though, how large a tank will these fish need once fully grown?

... aah the Old "going in a pond when it grows" line...

Funny when ever we hear that line, we never get to see said "pond".

sorry mate, but we've all seen it before a hundred times, The guys who are serious are usually the ones who have the tanks/ponds in place before the fish have even been sourced.

and tbh even the most avid fishkeeper would stay well away from the likes of TSNs and Redtails ,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back