Tropical Parrot Fish, Must See!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
How would one of these do in a Discus set up?

Despite me having a Leopard Bushfish/Gourami in my tank, I'd like it to remain peaceful as possible. I noticed you had an Angelfish in there with it so I presume water requirements are almost the same? Cheers.

In my opinion I like the fish, each to their own.

How would one of these do in a Discus set up?

Despite me having a Leopard Bushfish/Gourami in my tank, I'd like it to remain peaceful as possible. I noticed you had an Angelfish in there with it so I presume water requirements are almost the same? Cheers.

In my opinion I like the fish, each to their own.
parrot fish woudnt like the temp of a discus setup. neither would the like the soft acidid water im afraid. i have a climbing perch/bushfish also and they all get on fine :)

I've got a pair of these parrot cichlids which seem less aggressive than other cichlids of similar size. I don't agree with the manipulation in their breeding, but as I read somewhere else on this forum, when they exist they deserve a good life and I'm making sure that they get it. Fish have been bred for many years to promote colours or finnage which would cause the breed to become extinct if in the wild, so I don't see any real difference in breeding these for their deformities if it isn't causing them hardship. They seem happy enough and are very attentitive to movement in the room, and are straight to the front glass if anyone approaches.

PS the link in the opening post seems to have stopped working!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back