Tropical Parrot Fish, Must See!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

deftuch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1ybcYQYX8&feature=youtube_gdata

link is to youtube

Nope, still looks like a freaky mutant to me! I'm sure it has a lovely personality though!

Nope, still looks like a freaky mutant to me! I'm sure it has a lovely personality though!
if you saw it for real you would not say that. its the brightest fish i own! and yes its very playfull and aware!

lol, I've seen plenty of parrots and they're just not for me; I don't really like orange or red fish, so that's me put right off for a start!

But I can see they have very appealing characters; I always stop and say hello to them in my LFS. Anyway, it's your tank; you should have want you want; we don't all have to agree on everything. I've probably got fish that you wouldn't give tank room to ;)

lol, I've seen plenty of parrots and they're just not for me; I don't really like orange or red fish, so that's me put right off for a start!

But I can see they have very appealing characters; I always stop and say hello to them in my LFS. Anyway, it's your tank; you should have want you want; we don't all have to agree on everything. I've probably got fish that you wouldn't give tank room to ;)
your intitled to your opinion and i know what you mean. i say hello to oscars everytime i see them but i dont find them attractive enough to own. thanks

Haha! See, I have an oscar!

Your parrot is a lovely healthy specimen, so you should be proud of that, even if not everybody likes him as much as you :)

Haha! See, I have an oscar!

Your parrot is a lovely healthy specimen, so you should be proud of that, even if not everybody likes him as much as you :)
somehow i already knew that. it seems 90 percent of oscar owners dislike parrot fish. they are kinda similar in their ( dare i say it ) alienish appearence. and thanks i feed him well :)

:good: Love it! Parrot fish are very cool.
tah mate.

I'm with fluttermoth. I'm no parrot fish fan, and I've got nothing against orange fish, but I also love oscars. I knew someone must love them as they're fairly common. I also don't really like mollies though, and I don't really know why.

At the risk of agreeing twice, it is indeed a lovely specimen and looks very healthy and happy.

I'm with fluttermoth. I'm no parrot fish fan, and I've got nothing against orange fish, but I also love oscars. I knew someone must love them as they're fairly common. I also don't really like mollies though, and I don't really know why.

At the risk of agreeing twice, it is indeed a lovely specimen and looks very healthy and happy.
everyone is different. if you owned a parrot fish you would fall in love with its personality as im sure if i owned an oscar i would love it too!

The only reason I don't like them is to do with their 'makers', because if I'm right and these are parrot cichlid, then don't they have like deformities and such, like a mouth that can't open properly and such? I don't have anything against the fish, I just dislike their 'makers' I figured if everyone stopped buying their stock they would stop breeding them, I know THATS not going to happen but if I don't get one I'm doing my bit. If you're not talking about Parrot Cichlids then I've made myself look stupid :lol:

TekFish :good:

Ive always kept oscars but always had a soft spot for parrots aswell mainly because they get so much bad press. Picked my first one up the other day for £10 and it is happily swimming around with my oscars. Cute little thing really compared to the big ugly oscars :hyper:

I personally love parrot fish! Lost my "Patricia" parrot fish on sunday after id had it for 6.5 yrs :-( It was full of character and just the best fish i ever owned it was about 5.5 inches in length. I miss it terribly the tank just seems empty without it, it was certainly the boss in my tank but never harmed anyone just gently pushed them away from her house where she spent most of her time with my pictus catfish. I would love to get another or even 2 but i will see. She just cant be replaced :-(

I personally love parrot fish! Lost my "Patricia" parrot fish on sunday after id had it for 6.5 yrs :-( It was full of character and just the best fish i ever owned it was about 5.5 inches in length. I miss it terribly the tank just seems empty without it, it was certainly the boss in my tank but never harmed anyone just gently pushed them away from her house where she spent most of her time with my pictus catfish. I would love to get another or even 2 but i will see. She just cant be replaced :-(
sorry to hear that my friend. i know exactly what you mean. if i ever lost my parrot fish i would be devastated and ive often said if he died i coudnt replace him it woudnt be the same

The Parrot Fish is Marine. The Parrot Cichlid is what these are. However I will voice my opinions in a nice way meant not to offend anyone. The Parrot Cichlid you own is a genetically modified hybrid version called the Jellybean Parrot Cichlid. They're bred to be deformed basically. True Parrot Cichlids look like this - http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/custom/images/medium/4e69e69b9de95.jpg

I'm not a fan of Jellybean Parrot Cichlids, I do however like the true Parrot Cichlids. This is my opinion and is not meant to offend anyone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back