Tropical FF Pet Peeves

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
sooty and sweep my clown loach hiding when somebody who is at least curious about them visits(lil buggers)

Going to the lps and seeing a realy rare or unusual fish ADVERTISED but they have SOLD OUT(D'OH)

People who buy tanks for decoration, not for the joy of keeping fish( few weeks ago I was in the lfs and I heard some woman say to her husband "Oh wouldn't a tank full oh those ( male bettas) be nice next to the book case, Are they hard to keep?)

I could have slapped her.

i dislike people that don't finish their

:lol: Surprised nobody noticed this one. Very classy. :good:

For me, it'll be living in South FL and having FW tanks. Really hard to find good, quality Freshwater fish over there. But that's not a Pet Peeve for TFF, just my personal rant.

Rant over. :)

People Who Type Every Word Of A Sentence Beginning With A Capital Letter. :X

people telling you to use google, i've lost count of the times i've used it and come up with 20 different sites telling me different things and a load of irrelevant forum threads. I really struggle with it, maybe I'm just dim, but I'd rather ask a question to a group of people who all know about this sort of thing and hope a few of them have come across the specific situation before and can advise you well

This may be true, but if one states that they searched and found such and such conflicting advice, people probably wouldn't be snippy.

As a LFS employee, I hate it when people think that every gold-colored fish is a goldfish: red zebra cichlids, gold barbs, rosy red minnows... :S Or people that ask, "Do you have any Nemos?" :angry: (just to name a few)

Sorry to bring up this thread...

But I'm tired of people who are severely overstocked, ask if they're overstocked, and then come up with reasons that it's okay.

...Thanks, I feel better now that I said it.

People who think a guppy needs a whole ocean to live in to be happy! Some people are so terrified of being "overstocked" they limit themselves so much! My 29 gallon tank has about 35 fish in it. They aren't running into each other. I haven't had one die in over 6 months. They're fine! So calm down and stop telling me to get rid of them. :(

I know this has been said, but I must bring it up again. :X

when i ask the cats nicely to get off of the fish tank then have to remove the cat off the fish tank and aways end up with a swipe acrosss the face!

LFS's that tell you it's OK to put Angels with livebearers, make me want to go buy another tank. :lol:

An a pleco will do just fine in a 20G with a thousand other fishies, just make me want to take a big breath, almost a gasp. :blink:

Moaners who moan about moaners, make me laugh. :rolleyes:

I can't say anything bad about anything or anyone, it's just not the Canadian way. We can think about about saying it though. :blush:

Oh an stoopid blue avatars.. :drool:

Thought this thread was quite funny...
I hate people who:
Have hundreds of fish yet name every single one like 'cornflake' or 'popcorn' :<
Have been keeping fish for years and years and always think they are right, even when faced with the truth.
Think post counts actually matter, and then moan about people who act 'big' because of it.
People who give advise but are just going on an idea, but state it as a fact.
People who are my age (teens) and say they are going to get a 200gal, then 400 gal, then 2000gal with no research into the cost etc.
People who believe a family of fishes is better than another just because its the only sought they've properly kept.
People who say, even to experienced fish-keepers who know what they are doing, that someones tank is overstocked, just because its got 1 more 5 inch fish than it should have.
Are ignorant/arrogant.
Don't want to here the truth.
Have 300 5 gallon tanks but could have a huge tank instead.
I'll think of much more...

Thought this thread was quite funny...
I hate people who:
Have hundreds of fish yet name every single one like 'cornflake' or 'popcorn' :<
Have been keeping fish for years and years and always think they are right, even when faced with the truth.
Think post counts actually matter, and then moan about people who act 'big' because of it.
People who give advise but are just going on an idea, but state it as a fact.
People who are my age (teens) and say they are going to get a 200gal, then 400 gal, then 2000gal with no research into the cost etc.
People who believe a family of fishes is better than another just because its the only sought they've properly kept.
People who say, even to experienced fish-keepers who know what they are doing, that someones tank is overstocked, just because its got 1 more 5 inch fish than it should have.
Are ignorant/arrogant.
Don't want to here the truth.
Have 300 5 gallon tanks but could have a huge tank instead.
I'll think of much more...

Thats it you go get it all off your chest mate lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back