Triops! At It Again....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ive some bad news.....this morning when i went over to the triops tank and turned his light on i noticed him under the filter upside down...barly moving :( he is doing very slight jittering with his legs every few seconds...ive not been home yet but im hoping he isnt in to much pain....its abit early for him to be dying mind! he would have been 4 weeks this sunday, very short lifespan this one was.....well we have anouther guy growing strong will see what happens when i get home later! exspect an update around 8ish!

What do you feed the babies initially? I'd be interested to keep one of these in the future, and have 2 x 3 gallon tanks ( is this big enough? )

2 x 3 gallon...erm whats that in litres lol, there is so much to feed triops, but a triops as a baby....hm the food that comes with it id suggest,

well anyway....today i came home to a dead triops :( its really sad as he isnt even that old yet lol, well either way by the time i got back had turned into this!!

DSCF1262.jpg

i mean what the hell?!?!! when i pulled him out, all his insides had turned to liqud? very odd....all this in a day!! only this morning he was like this...

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1208.jpg

:( well theres not alot i can do but....

DSCF1207.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

dont ever tell me triops do not have fangs!!! :blink: according to research this guys cannot bite you...that skin there says different to me...id be intrested to know what they think to this, triops, from what ive read online can not "bite" yet those images say they have fangs...which do part, very creepy but cool!!! also...

DSCF1203.jpg

a certain triops is already growing strong :)

Aw sorry to hear he has passed, it has been an excellent journey!!! The iddy biddy one is already on the path to his predecessor lol!

p.s. the 2x3gallons, grow two triops side by side and see different growth rates? :hyper:

your right, im abit gutted that he died so soon, i think it mite have something to do with the temp, am going to try lowering the temp down to 23 this time (of course i would have to keep the temp at 26 to get them to hatch lol) will see how big this guy grows :)

that sounds like a good idea! would it be the same type of triops?? be really intresting to see the difference without them eating each other lol

Finaly ive decided to come back and grow some more Triop.L :) ive learnt now alot since i first started way back in like 2006...either way as some may have noticed i found a fool proof way of hatching out the Triop.L type of Triop. So, in the newly constructed Triop homes.....

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2404.jpg

now its hard to spot but if you look very carfully you can see that the 3 day old Triop is munching something white...well i watched for a miniute and the "white" little ball in teh 3 day old triops mouth moved!! in fact jittered!!! yes thats right even at only 3 days old they insist on eating them own kind lol, well either way ive counted 10 inside this little breeding tank :) i wonder how many will survive? and more so....how big they will get this time?

Only time will tell :) .....whisper whisper.....lets hope them pink triops in tank next to them grow eh?? hehe!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back