trimming plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I use one of long handled toe nail scissors (I think meant for the elderly or people with bad backs), made from ss and does a great job :thumbs:

:)

thanks.

I was going to use scissors, but for some reason..i didnt think it was a good idea.

-dave

moved this to the plant section. will get more traffic there.

use a plant clipper found in an lfs. has an 18" handle and different attachments besides the scissors for plants.

semper fi

Scissors, fingers or a long handled plant trimmer (saves me getting my hands wet :) )

The only thing you do need to be careful of is where to trim the plant - some can be a bit picky about where you cut them....

Cheers, Eddie

my lfs says i shouldn't use anything except a tool intended for cutting plants. the multipurpose plant tool they sell is $60 CAD though, which imo is rather expensive

Cutechic, I think your lfs loves you. They can see you coming a mile away. :lol: :lol: :lol: Your lfs are one of those that I would go in with my eyes wide open. In other words before you go in, know exactly what you want. If you are unsure of your needs, ask us first and you'll be given several options, where you can choose the best one that suits your pocket and needs.

well i got a special plant triming thing for around £7 and i was happy with that i dont know what the exchange rate is but i dont know if i would trust those people who are selling on for so much. i would shop around and get back to them with some questions as to their ethics on selling things... if they have any

£7 is around $17 CAD, I think.

Ya, I wish there was somewhere else I could go for my fish and supplied. I was thinking of ordering thorugh the mail, but I'd rather not :/

is it safe to use my fingers for trimming the plants?

yea shure fingers are just as good people normally use other things just because they want a cleaner cut i use the funny tool thing because i dont get my hands wet perhaps you should have a look at some online shops to see the prices of things you want. remeber tho fish keeping doesnt have to be expencive allot of the junk they want you to buy is suplerfluose (hope i spelled that right).

ya, i guess cuz im pretty much a beginner i'm willing to buy a lot of things my lfs tells me are necessary to have a good aquarium

but i think ive learned my lesson: dont only rely on the advice of your lfs, get lots of ppl's opinions

Most reactions

trending

Back