Tree wood integration

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wizard Lizard

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Fairly recently my birth tree has died and has had me very upset. I was hoping to add the tree or at the very least its roots to my new aquarium to keep it around as it is very sentimental to me. The tank is a 75 gal but the tree is around 8ft tall and is very thin (Japanese maple). Id like to keep as much of it as possible but have no idea were to even start. Some ideas ive had are to bend the wood and trim it but i still dont know. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry im not the best at explaining things.

It's a pity you didn't get some cuttings from it so you could keep it going.

Perhaps cut the trunk about 6-12 inches above the roots and trim the roots up so they are about 12 inches long. Then let it dry out for a few months. You can do the same to the top part of the tree and have 18inches of trunk and a similar amount of branches. Then let it dry.

When it has dried you can soak it for a month before laying it down in the tank. Basically have the roots standing up in one corner and the top of the tree laying down on the substrate across the tank (to resemble a tree that has fallen over).

1: wow thatvwas fast

2: yeah, i wasn't alowed to do much with it

3: i have it fully uprooted right now drying outside

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back