treating swimbladder from today question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

guppy78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi guys, on christmas day i noticed my peacock gudgeon was swimming on her side and sinking to the bottom then swimming upright etc so i did what i normally did in the past and put her in a breeding cage with mossballs etc to stop her feeding on flake in the hopes she just needed to fart (every other time this happened thats all that was wrong with them) well i went and bought some interpet swimbladder+ treatment today as there was no difference to her condition, she wont accept peas or bloodworm etc so i just dosed the tank for the 1st time (saturday), the website instructions quoted this

5.5 ml of Swimbladder Treatment Plus
Use to treat swimbladder infections in your aquarium fish. Also use Aqualibrium First Aid Salt to support your fish's recovery.
Frequency
This is a four dose treatment. Repeat the treatment on days 4, 8 and 12. If you need to re-dose or use another treatment wait until seven days after the full course is completed and carry out a 30% water change first. When dosing is complete, return your carbon filter.

my question is just to be safe and not over treat or under treat, does that mean next treatment will be tuesday/saturday then finally wednesday? i feel kinda dumb asking this as my math is pretty decent lol, but for some reason im struggling to work it out right :s

Yes the days are right. The directions seem vague. Does it say what size aquarium it treats? And how much salt to use?

yeah the website lets you put the dimensions of the tanksize in and it calculates the dosage for you, i used 5.5ml mixed into half litre of warm water like it told me too but when i woke today all my perfectly healthy fish now look ill and im really concerned, my neons, embers and mosquito rasboras have went very pale and translucent and my x rays are barely moving, is this nornal or should i do an emergancy 70% water change and stop using this treatment?

I would agree with the water change. Something is wrong there.

well this is weird, all the fish are back to their normal selves without the water change, colours and all but im deffo wary of doing the 2nd dose now, ill keep my eye on them, i never like using medicines or chemicals in my aquariums

Did you check them at a different time of day to normal? Maybe they were just sleeping!

I think thats exactly what the problem was haha, I checked as soon as I removed the thick blanket from over the tank I use in the winter, guess I panicked just because I used a medicine and thought the worse :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back