Treating Betta with Popeye

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NoLa24

Reaction score
I have 20 gallon divided Betta tank, about a month ago one of my Bettas developed popeye in both eyes, however more severe in one eye. 3 weeks ago I moved him into a heated 1 gallon tank and have been doing 50% water changes daily. The less severe eye has looked better for the last few days but the more severe one looks the same. I've read conflicting opinions on using Epsom salt to treat. Has anyone had experience with it?

FYI, the other 3 Bettas and shrimp tank mates are all healthy. Ph stays around 6.6-6.7 consistently, ammonia is at zero.

I have used epsom salt for Popeye and itwas effective. You can use it in a bath and do it up to 3 times a day. 1 teaspoon in a gallon of water for 2 minutes each time. If this doesn’t work and you live in the U.S., Seachem Kanaplex treats Popeye very well.

Last edited:
I have used epsom salt for Popeye and itwas effective. You can use it in a bath and do it up to 3 times a day. 1 teaspoon in a gallon of water for 2 minutes each time. If this doesn’t work and you live in the U.S., Seachem Kanaplex treats Popeye very well.
And remember to also do daily 75% water change until the disease gone and do what deanasue said.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back