Traumatised Severum - Advice Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks for your support with all this Wilder, thought i'd tell you that the talking catfish is dead this morning, I feel so upset. Sounds silly I know, but I'm just so disappointed I couldn't help him. |He was such a stunning fish and so easy to keep, I always felt honoured when I saw him as he would hide for days.
Have to concentrate on the severum now. Am going to do a waterchange and start either myxazin or anti internal bac meds. Might also see if I can divide the tank somehow so she's not so intimidated by the big boy.
Belinda

Sorry bless him R.I.P
Good luck with the other fish.

Wilder, the big severum is now flicking and rubbing hilself on leaves etc - any ideas. have ordered maracyn but is from the USA so will take a while. Is the Fish Zole (metronidazole) that I have here any good?
AND the clown loaches are breathing very fast - I am getting so upset about all this.
Belinda

what do the gills look like on the clown loaches?

the flicking and rubbing can be a symptom of velvet or ich, any white spots on the fish?

Also whereabouts in Dorset are you?

Gills look fine, just moving fast. No sign of velvet or white spot, have you read the history of all this? It's a bit of a saga, it's not a simple one I'm afraid. My gold sev is also looking a bit bloated altho she's better in herself today, she looks darker too. I tried to get some anti internal bacteria meds today but the shop didn't have any, I'll try the other shop in the morning.
I'm near Bournemouth.

yeah I read through the thread. It's so terrible and i understand how you feel, last week I introduced an internal parasite (learnt my lesson about quarantine there) via some new Kuhlis and 15 of my female bettas died, and all the original kuhlis.... it was horrible seeing them suffer I got quite upset.

Hmmm.... could the gasping be to lack of o2 at all?

I'm near to Bournemouth as well, Wimborne area.

No, there's loads of o2, it looks like a symptom of internal disease. They aren't at the surface, just acting quite normally, but rapid gills. The talking catfish did this for a few days then bloated and died.
Sorry about your fish, they really become members of the family don't they - even tho people think we're mad!
I'm hoping another anti-bac will help...
Where do you find is the best fish shop round here (I've just moved here from Ascot)

Sadly the fish tail down and head up sounds in bad shape and I would prepare yourself for losing the fish.
Has it also bloated up.
Can I ask what you are using to treat the fish.
I have a gold severum thaisnt always tail down head up. But most if the time. It dies swim around and eat. But is bullied by an angel fish... you mention "bloated". Thats why I'm asking. Because she seems a little bloated. Am I missing something? We would hate to lose her she us my wife's favorite

I have a gold severum thaisnt always tail down head up. But most if the time. It dies swim around and eat. But is bullied by an angel fish... you mention "bloated". Thats why I'm asking. Because she seems a little bloated. Am I missing something? We would hate to lose her she us my wife's favorite
This thread is from 2007, it’s doubtful you will get replies. I would recommend to make a new thread in the “tropical emergencies” section so you can get the help you need

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back