trash.binh91's Food Chronicles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you use a turntable to help frost the outside of the cake?

Buttercream. Although i may have to try gum paste next time. Anyway, help on either would be appreciated.
Ah, buttercream. I've not tryed it TOO much, but I've got some success on it. Best thing is to really keep a steady hand and practice so much. Make a small batch of a stiff buttercream thats not colored, and practice on your flower nail, playing around with different tips. When making flowers for a cake, pipe your flowers onto a parchment square (on a flower nail) and freeze the flowers (transfer squares to baking sheet or surface to put in freezer) to make transfer more clean than with a pair of flower scissors.

Ah, buttercream. I've not tryed it TOO much, but I've got some success on it. Best thing is to really keep a steady hand and practice so much. Make a small batch of a stiff buttercream thats not colored, and practice on your flower nail, playing around with different tips. When making flowers for a cake, pipe your flowers onto a parchment square (on a flower nail) and freeze the flowers (transfer squares to baking sheet or surface to put in freezer) to make transfer more clean than with a pair of flower scissors.
Ok.
Why not colored?
I dont have flower nails. (although i do know what they are). I usually just use a plate.
And i really dont have many tips.

Ok.
Why not colored?
I dont have flower nails. (although i do know what they are). I usually just use a plate.
And i really dont have many tips.
You can color if you want, but just for less hassle :).

A flower nail helps a lot, makes it a lot easier, you have more control. Get them in different sizes to play around with them if you want :).

What tips do you have?
@trash.binh91 You have a future in cake decorating, baking, cooking, restauranteering or a combination of these. Maybe someday you will open a restaurant or bakery.
I do have a soft spot for it, but whilst I really enjoy it, I have a passion in animals as well (specifically like zoo-related stuff, not specifically zookeeper though), so it's a hard decision between the two :).

You can color if you want, but just for less hassle :).

A flower nail helps a lot, makes it a lot easier, you have more control. Get them in different sizes to play around with them if you want :).

What tips do you have?
Oh yes. I get that. Although color may water down the frosting just a tiny bit.

I may get some.

The only tip I have that is good for flowers is a 125.

Most reactions

trending

Back