The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ChancesMama

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I have a small dilemma but I have to have an answer pronto!

I have a 28 gallon tank that is currently housing 8 neon tetras and 4 Cherry Barbs. I've been having a constant struggle with the Ammonia levels and have decided to get rid of all my fish and start over. This being said, I have a friend that will take the neon tetras once her new tank is cycled next week and my mother is taking the Cherry Barbs. 

Here's the problem: My mother lives 3 hours away and I need to transport them. I have two Mason jars about 4 inches high and 2-3 inches in diameter. I was wondering if I could put two in each of these? I also have bigger tuppleware that has more space horizontally but is a bit shorter than the jars. Any suggestions of transfer containers that can be bought for this would also be greatly appreciated but I am doing this tomorrow afternoon so anything quick would be appreciated!!! 

I am also bringing my Beta back from my mothers but she's used to traveling in my lap in a jar with air holes. 

As long as they have a little swim room and enough air, I would think they'd be ok in whatever you use. If not I hope someone corrects me.

Oh yeah, I agree with Irhodes, they will be fine as long as they stay cool.  Keep them out of the sun, and to be extra safe maybe you should put them in a small cooler.    

Thanks! I used what I had and all the fishies are lively and getting used to their new home!

Most reactions

trending

Back