Transfer To New Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gypsy_rose81

Reaction score
I finally got Siras a new tank... 2 gallon hexagon under-gravel filter with a built in bulb :) I'm sure he's going to like it a lot better. Teeny tiny problem though, he has either ich or marine velvet I'm not sure which. I already got the new tank set up, complete with the gravel and rocks from his previous tank, which I did rinse off but didn't scrub. I did get some quICK cure which says it works on all protozoans so hopefully it will work on whatever is eating up my poor fishie, and I added that to the new tank as well as water conditioner. Siras is now sitting in a jar much too small waiting for his new home to be ready. Now my question is, how long should I wait before transferring him? I saved about 1/4 gallon of his old water to try to preserve any good bacteria that might be already in it.

You can put him in now, but adding the old water will make little to no difference as far as good bacteria goes as it's the filter that needs this. You will have to do 50% water change every other day until the tank has cycled though and a heater is really important too.

Make sure you float him in the new tank first to acclimatize him. We usually float for 20mins, then add some water from the tank and leave for another 20 mins before releasing.

Hope he's happy in his new home :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back