FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
What is everyone's unique traditions?
My family has a few, every sunday after church we have rootbeer floats. At Christmas we open one gift early on Christmas eve (it's always pajamas but I didnt figure that out until I was 10)
At Thanksgiving every kid makes a dish to serve.
What's yours?

My wife did the one present on christmas eve thing as a kid as well and it was always pajamas also, so now we do the same with our kids as well.

My wife did the one present on christmas eve thing as a kid as well and it was always pajamas also, so now we do the same with our kids as well.
It took me so many years before I realized it was always pjs
Edited for major spelling errors lol

Last edited:
@JuiceBox52 my tradition every year on new years eve is kissing my hubby when the new year enters and going to the front door and opening it wide and opening the back up at the same time for 1 minute, it brings in the new and out with the old, the proper old tradition was a tall dark headed male friend entering with coal in one hand and a glass of whisky in the other and waking straight through...looks like i'll start dragging a stranger in off the streets :rofl:

the proper old tradition was a tall dark headed male friend entering with coal in one hand and a glass of whisky in the other
In Lancashire he had to hold a pice of bread rather than a glass of whisky. The coal symbolised keeping warm and the bread plenty to eat. My Dad (male, black hair) used to go out of the back door just before midnight then in the front door a few seconds after. Our sandy haired next door neighbour beat him to it one year and Dad always blamed that for the run of bad luck during that year :lol:

My family has a daily tradition of making everyone laugh. It’s really cool that we can just joke around and no takes it personally. :)

You dad should have throwed him out :rofl:
As soon as he set foot over the door threshold the damage was done as far as my father was concerned. Throwing him out wouldn't hve helped and the neighbour thought he was being friendly. he didn't realise how seriously my father took it all :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back