Toxotes Blythii

nmonks

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from
Reaction score
Here's something you don't see every day! Toxotes blythii is a species of freshwater archerfish confined to a limited area in Burma. They are hardly ever traded. These specimens at Wildwoods are the first ones I've ever seen in the UK. They're stunning fish -- my photos don't really do them justice -- and appear to be no more difficult to keep than any of the other freshwater archers. Price? About £85, or about $135! So unfortunately a bit out of my league. But if you happen to be in the London area, it's well worth a little window shopping…

Cheers, Neale

Toxotes_blythii_1.JPG

Toxotes_blythii_2.JPG

I was thinking of getting a 90 gallon tank. Then I saw these and I fell in love with them. But would these be ok with Marbled Hatchets or will these just eat them? And these are freshwater right?

Don't keep archers with anything less than two-thirds their length, and only with deep-bodied fish. Congo tetras would be ideal, otherwise things like Australian rainbows, silver dollars, clown barbs, etc.

Cheers, Neale

Neale,

I am assuming they should be kept in groups.
At that price :crazy:

Don't keep archers with anything less than two-thirds their length, and only with deep-bodied fish. Congo tetras would be ideal, otherwise things like Australian rainbows, silver dollars, clown barbs, etc.

Cheers, Neale
They don't really fit into my plans really, guess I'm gonna have to pass, shame as they are beautiful :sad:

Yo I just bought two of these the other day they are in my quarantine tank getting ready to be put in my tropical brackish they are in brackish right now as well they love crickets awesome to see them squirt anyway i got mine for a lot cheaper then your price stated though I live in canada maybe I got a good deal I go pics if you wanna see some action photos done with my hd smartphone anyways fact is these are one of my fav fish they are active and awesome to watch plus they yawn and spike up the back upper fin haha anyways I'll get some pics of my tank after i finish my diy background archers should love it

Need photos before I believe this! Toxotes blythii are incredibly difficult to collect. Don't confuse them with the brackish water species Toxotes chatareus, which can have irregular markings on its flanks but gets much bigger (and darker) as it matures.

Cheers, Neale

Yo I just bought two of these the other day they are in my quarantine tank getting ready to be put in my tropical brackish they are in brackish right now as well they love crickets awesome to see them squirt anyway i got mine for a lot cheaper then your price stated

HMMM I may have one of these and one regular archer considering the patterns are no the same on my fish as well but one has the regular three trip pattern

not** but I hope there both the regs kinda now because I'm running brackish in my main tank

HMMM you may be right lets hope so though one does look a little diff the anal fin is semi white too makes me wonder

Noticed these the other day on tff , very nice fish and not to badly priced as they are rather pretty.

I saw some of there in my lfs the other day sold as tiger archerfish, they had three at $99 each. been trying to figure out which ones they are since. amazing looking fish but not cheap

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back