Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
OP
I Like Rare Fish

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I also go out to Joshua Tree to help my mom with finding LeConte's Thrashers because I have good ears. One day we were out there, we found an abandoned Yellow Lab, and he was suffering nasty Coyote bites to his legs, neck, and paws. He had heatstroke and was covered in dried blood. He has a nasal infection, and couldn't manage to get up to greet us. Needless to say, I watched my mom kill him instantly. That was very hard to watch. I was 11 at the time.

CaptainBarnicles

Fishaholic
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that money has to be a factor in these matters...but quality of life is the ultimate thing...because you can't make an animal understand why they have to go through the pain and trauma of an operation for eg and even then it may not improve things, that's what I was so scared of for my sausage. He had a slipped disc which is so common for his breed...and I feel awful that otherwise he was a happy, healthy and fit little dog...but because I couldn't afford the treatment or guarantee that it would be successful and him be back to normal I made the very painful choice to let him go. The guilt ate me up for weeks...but he was suffering and I had to do the kindest thing I could for him...I didn't get time to spoil him. He couldn't walk so the vet told us to crate him for a week to rest him in hope of improvements but it just got worse, he was incontinent by the end of the week and I made the decision right then and there to take him that afternoon. Worst day ever.

Sorry your thread has been hijacked ☹

OP
I Like Rare Fish

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that money has to be a factor in these matters...but quality of life is the ultimate thing...because you can't make an animal understand why they have to go through the pain and trauma of an operation for eg and even then it may not improve things, that's what I was so scared of for my sausage. He had a slipped disc which is so common for his breed...and I feel awful that otherwise he was a happy, healthy and fit little dog...but because I couldn't afford the treatment or guarantee that it would be successful and him be back to normal I made the very painful choice to let him go. The guilt ate me up for weeks...but he was suffering and I had to do the kindest thing I could for him...I didn't get time to spoil him. He couldn't walk so the vet told us to crate him for a week to rest him in hope of improvements but it just got worse, he was incontinent by the end of the week and I made the decision right then and there to take him that afternoon. Worst day ever.

Sorry your thread has been hijacked ☹
My aunt's puppy had paralyzed back legs. Just woke up one day with legs not working. Had to drill through the spine to find what was pressing on the spinal cord.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online