TOTM, POTM, FOTM suggestion.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A year ago, we were lucky to get 2 or 3 entries in each of our contests. And we were lucky to get 10 people to vote. We now usually get several entries so winning is more difficult and generally we get at least 40 people voting. I generally limit the number of entries to give competitors a better chance of winning.
I just dont like the way that we get the same banner and its not feel “special” Maybe we could do the date we win.

I just dont like the way that we get the same banner and its not feel “special” Maybe we could do the date we win.
we'll look into that to see if something can be added to show multiple wins

I used to be a judge at fish shows, the last thing to be considered (actually not considered at all) in judging a fish was whether the fish, or owner had won previously.
We used to consider that all the time in fish club. No entering a fish that has won previously or in the last 12 months. It was a no brainer considering some members use to bring the same fish in every month. We also changed the categories each month to help prevent that. One month would be tetras, next month rainbowfish, then Corydoras, barbs, then catfish other than Cories, etc.

We did a similar thing in our recent FOTM contests...one month we had only Beta fish allowed...another month we allowed only Angelfish. That worked out well. We might do species specific FOTM contests again sometime soon.

We used to consider that all the time in fish club. No entering a fish that has won previously or in the last 12 months. It was a no brainer considering some members use to bring the same fish in every month. We also changed the categories each month to help prevent that. One month would be tetras, next month rainbowfish, then Corydoras, barbs, then catfish other than Cories, etc.
That makes a lot of sense.

We did a similar thing in our recent FOTM contests...one month we had only Beta fish allowed...another month we allowed only Angelfish. That worked out well. We might do species specific FOTM contests again sometime soon.
We also wants more people to vote, maybe put vote bar on the right side so everyone sees it.

I have a little something in my signature that hopefully encourages people to vote.

I do agree the banners are sort of non-impressive? I mean, I like my banner a lot, but I would love if there was something like, “POTM winner, July 2019” (Or whenever it was.)

I like the new rule that they have to enter a different tank. Some people just don’t have that much money to spend on decor. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back