Total chaos.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KMW1954

Reaction score
DSCN0957.JPG

DSCN0958.JPG

Top tank was the original and the only thing thriving are the Gourami and shrimp. All plants are struggling badly. Water has turned very dark so decided to break it all down and start over. Going to proceed the same way with the major changes being substrate depth with root tabs and now filtered water. Not sure if I am going to be adding the large piece of driftwood back in. It was tea staining the water heavily. Even after 6months of being submerged and regular water changes.

So the fish are out and relocated, the shrimp are being collected and retained in a separate tank. Still working on that. The Java ferns and rocks have all been rinsed and the defective leaves removed along with about 5 or 6 baby offshoots. The Amazon sword was removed and replanted in a separate container. Hoping it recovers as well. then all the other rooted plants have been pulled up and are currently floating submerged in another container until I can get them replanted in my nursery tank.

After I get the Bow front emptied it will get a good scrubbing to remove the hard water stains and then I will be replanting it. Or at least that is the plan.

Well the big tank is almost empty of inhabitants. One one side I have all the substrate removed to form a 5" wide trench that is holding about 2" of water. where it is somewhat clear I can still see a few very tiny shrimp that will have to wait until tomorrow.

What a labor intensive ordeal this was to remove all these shrimp. Started with 8 and now have hundreds! What to do with all these critters. Didn't realize there were this many in that tank.

View attachment 165013
View attachment 165014

Top tank was the original and the only thing thriving are the Gourami and shrimp. All plants are struggling badly. Water has turned very dark so decided to break it all down and start over. Going to proceed the same way with the major changes being substrate depth with root tabs and now filtered water. Not sure if I am going to be adding the large piece of driftwood back in. It was tea staining the water heavily. Even after 6months of being submerged and regular water changes.

So the fish are out and relocated, the shrimp are being collected and retained in a separate tank. Still working on that. The Java ferns and rocks have all been rinsed and the defective leaves removed along with about 5 or 6 baby offshoots. The Amazon sword was removed and replanted in a separate container. Hoping it recovers as well. then all the other rooted plants have been pulled up and are currently floating submerged in another container until I can get them replanted in my nursery tank.

After I get the Bow front emptied it will get a good scrubbing to remove the hard water stains and then I will be replanting it. Or at least that is the plan.
Ouch

And you also definitely need filters if you don't already. Sponge filters would probably be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back