Torture And The Aftermath

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr Miagi

Veins are flowing with SW, now going back to FW!
Reaction score
The Victim is chosen....

DSC05919.jpg

The tools of torture are prepared....and used....

DSC05923.jpg

The splatter!

DSC05944.jpg

:lol: This of course DOESNT happen when your sensible and use an appropriately sized sharp blade! :fun:

Anyone would think I swallowed a lethal dose of Zoa Juice with this photo! :whistle: :shifty:

DSC05925.jpg

PS, appropriately sensible topic on fragging leathers coming real soon, LOL. :*

Thanks Sianeds,

Dremels are fantastic tools. I chose mine over other drills I viewed due to several reasons. The cord was longer (great compared to some others, which would just be constricting), it had variable speed (better than 1, 2 or 3 set speeds others had), quality was top notch, and their warranty was alot better (longer and I felt they were more confident in their product). Ive definitely used it more than I expected too. You just think, "I could use the dremel for that..." :shifty:

To be honest my hubby probably has one in the shed somewhere. He seems to accumulate tools :rolleyes:

You just think, "I could use the dremel for that..." :shifty:

Yeah, I do that all the time :D

Edit: Warning, do not attempt to cut PVC pipe with the side-cutting bit if your hacksaw breaks and you cannot clamp the pipe down. Your thumb will thank you for heeding this warning :good:
Also, beware cutting near your wrists :blush:

You just think, "I could use the dremel for that..." :shifty:

Yeah, I do that all the time :D

Edit: Warning, do not attempt to cut PVC pipe with the side-cutting bit if your hacksaw breaks and you cannot clamp the pipe down. Your thumb will thank you for heeding this warning :good:
Also, beware cutting near your wrists :blush:

LOL, I guess a lesson learnt the hard way huh? I took a chunk off my finger nail, and that was close enough, Im now more cautious. :blush:

What coral is that!?...

Did you cut the coral itself with the dremel?....

Also after cutting the coral do you dip the coral in a solution or just add back to the tank!?...

What coral is that!?...

Also after cutting the coral do you dip the coral in a solution or just add back to the tank!?...

Hey Stu,

The coral was a species of Leather coral, aka. Sacrophyton. Sure did cut the Leather with the dremel. The dremel itself has various attachments, and I used a specific hard cutting disk. After cutting the coral, I cleaned the fragments in a tub of tank water. This is beneficial, because in the process of propagation, they can secrete copious amounts of protective slime. Other than that, no, nothing but Cut, Clean, Add! :good:

What coral is that!?...

Hey Stu,

The coral was a species of Leather coral, aka. Sacrophyton. Sure did cut the Leather with the dremel. The dremel itself has various attachments, and I used a specific hard cutting disk. After cutting the coral, I cleaned the fragments in a tub of tank water. This is beneficial, because in the process of propagation, they can secrete copious amounts of protective slime. Other than that, no, nothing but Cut, Clean, Add! :good:

Thanks for that! My leather finger is getting huge... I might try my hand at fragging this weekend...

Is it best to half them or better a certain percentage?...

oh and do they bleed!?.. I'm really worried about hurting them!...

Definitely dont bleed, so dont worry about that! Its actually a hard sponge like tissue, and its great for absorbing water.

Another tip is to remove it from the tank, and leave it in a Tupperware container for a few minutes whilst it expels all its water. That should make it less messy. :p

A vertical cut from top to base rock, splitting the coral into two new basic colonies complete with foot, stem and polyps is probably the easiest and straight forward way. You can also trim limbs off, especially something like a spaghetti leather or sinularia. But they will need attaching to LR rubble, via fishing line, glue (unlikely to work, as again, their slime will just allow them to "slide" off), wedging, onion bag netting, bridal veil etc etc! :lol: For ease though, id suggest splitting the entire colony into two, using a vertical cut. :nod: Take pics and let us know how you go! :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back