Top 5 fish you've kept???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

utahfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I watch a lot of sports and in sports people are always compiling lists of the top 5 and top 10 and GOAT and all that so i thought id have some fun and do a list of top 5 fish ive kept. Or you could post top 5 fish you want to keep or top 10 fish youve kept, excited to see peoples lists!
Mine in no particular order
1. Rainbow Shark- one of the first fish i got as a kid, lots of personality pretty colors and what kid doesnt like sharks;)
2. Rummy Nose Tetra- favorite tetra of mine because they keep really tight shoals compared to other tetras and the black and white tails with the red nose is fun.
3.Dwarf Corydora habrosus not pygmaeus. Pretty active Corydora that swim middle tank a little more than the average cory, plus theyre just so tiny and cute in a group are like a pack of tiny little bottom dwelling wolves:)
4-Bolivian Ram- tons of personality pretty colors not as sensitive or as aggressive as other dwarf cichlids, can be kept in groups or pairs or as a single just an easy versatile fun fish that comes to the glass everytime he sees me.
5. Bristlenose Pleco. My BN lived for 10 years longest ive ever had a fish, he went through moves with me, some of them in a bucket in the front seat with me in the moving truck for 13 hours. I miss my fuzzy faced little friend:( :)
Whats on your list?

My list, also in no particular order
1. Otocinclus catfish, I love their active personalities and the fact that they dont take up a lot of room .
2. Rummynose tetras. For the same reason as Utahfish
3. Long finned Blushing tetras, I love the long fins and that they are transparent (I am weird like that)
4. Shrimp. Any type, I just love shrimp
5. Gouramis

Here's mine and in no order:

1. Altum Angelfish - One of the most beautiful fish in the aquarium hobby, IMO.

2. Betta hendra - A small and gorgeous fish.

3. Honey Gourami - Love the size and peaceful nature.

4. C121 Corydoras - A unique and beautiful specimen.

5. Festivum - Love the way they look and something you don't see often in fish stores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish that I really want to keep:

1. Lyretail Checkerboard Cichlid

2. Betta macrostoma

3. Asian Arowana

4. Blue Face Heckel Discus

5. Betta mahachaiensis

1. Otocinclus catfish, I love their active personalities and the fact that they dont take up a lot of room .
3. Long finned Blushing tetras, I love the long fins and that they are transparent (I am weird like that)
5. Gouramis
I love shrimp too there are so many different kind and colors and theyre very useful!

Here's mine and in no order:

1. Altum Angelfish - One of the most beautiful fish in the aquarium hobby, IMO.

2. Betta hendra - A small and gorgeous fish.

3. Honey Gourami - Love the size and peaceful nature.

4. C121 Corydoras - A unique and beautiful specimen.

5. Festivum - Love the way they look and something you don't see often in fish stores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish that I really want to keep:

1. Lyretail Checkerboard Cichlid

2. Betta macrostoma

3. Asian Arowana

4. Blue Face Heckel Discus

5. Betta mahachaiensis
Yes on the Discus, discus are a little out of my price range but if i had the resources definitely!!!

Here are my top 5:

1. Bettas (so much personality)
2. Tiger Barbs (rowdy and playful)
3. Cardinal Tetras (peaceful and calming)
4. Boesmani Rainbow (what's not to love about them!)
5. Guppies (Love how they are fearless and always picking at things in your tank)

5. Gouramis
I love rummynose, but always avoided it because I heard they are difficult to keep healthy...they are less hardy.

I love rummynose, but always avoided it because I heard they are difficult to keep healthy...they are less hardy.
They haven't been super hard in my experience. Just put them in a well established tank with low light :)

Ive never had any issue with them, they seem to have less health problems than say neons and cardinals over time but yeah they tend to need more time to acclimate to new tanks and water than some other tetras, but once theyre in under my experience theyre golden.

Here are my top 5:

1. Bettas (so much personality)
2. Tiger Barbs (rowdy and playful)
3. Cardinal Tetras (peaceful and calming)
4. Boesmani Rainbow (what's not to love about them!)
5. Guppies (Love how they are fearless and always picking at things in your tank)
I have 1 guppy in my tank, he was a stow away with some ghost shrimp, was just a speck when i noticed him in the bag, figured he wouldnt live too long as it was a new cycling tank, only guppy ive ever had, 3 months later the little bugger hasnt stopped as you say hasnt stopped picking at everything in the tank:)

1. Corydoras Aeneus (i keep 7 species, but aeneus is my personal favourite for personality)
2. Farlowella Platorynchus/Farlowella vittata (i have both species and they behave the same)
3. Dwarf gourami
4. Pangio doriae
5. Kubotai rasbora

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back