Tools for the aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ancient11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am having a problem trying to find a quality extra long curved tweezers and curved scissors. I am hoping someone here has experience with some and can tell me where to purchase them. The top of the tank is 4 inches above the top of my shoulder making it almost impossible to use a normal set.

Another question i have is that if I add 10 neon tetra's today, how long should I wait before adding any more fish to my tank. It is a 60 gallon tank with about 25 plants that was planted today.

In the UK they are readily available on Amazon, eBay and from most aquatic plant retailers.

I picked up a set with both curved and straight tweezers, curved and straight scissors and a glass scrapper at amazon. They come in a case. If your trying to do a silent cycle I would wait a week or more so the plants get established and then add your first group. I did it with my 55 gallon tank, add a group of 5 red eyed tetra and waited a week and after testing water I add 5 ember tetra and waited a week tested and added my neon tetra. Worked out nicely, didn't lose a fish and water quality stayed very good. I now have 30 tetras and even had 12 fry which I gave to my bother-in law.

I bought the generic set found on ebay and amazon and have no complaints.

My 90 is quite tall and even with long tweezers its hard to reach the bottom when its full. I do my work during water changes when the water is lower.

In the UK they are readily available on Amazon, eBay and from most aquatic plant retailers.
I wish to thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to answer my post. I have bought two sets off of Ebay and one set from Amazon. But they are of really low quality when it comes to griping the plant. The 11 inch tweezers works great but the 19 inch is not flat when squeezed together. I guess I will have to wait until I can get to a mom and pop store which is 70 miles away.

I am going to wait for three weeks before ordering any new fish. I don't want a mini cycle to start up.

Thank you very much.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back