Too Risky?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lrhodes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a very stressed (VERY) kenyi...
I am suppose to be meeting a guy in like 2 hours to re-home all of my African cichlids.
The last few days have been terrible!
I have 2 kenyi 2 red zebras and 1 auratus in a 29 gallon tank. (I know I know! Don't start lecturing me! I know!!!)
Well my smaller kenyi was being bullied to the point where she was staying in the same spot almost limp unless I fed them, she still ate. Well I removed the bully fish for two days to try and helpher recover and destress a llittle.
Well the whole time the mean kenyi was in the small tank, he wouldn't eat or anything. Just sat under the filter shaking. So this morning I moved him to the main tank again. Well.... the tables have turned. All the fish started attacking him. And he is so stressed! He just lays in the bottom corner.....
So... my question is, will the stress of a 1 and a half hour drive stress him to the point of death? Or should I leave him. And just take the other four for now?

To be honest it's hard to tell with Africans I have had good healthy fish die from just a short move and I've had really sick fish do fine with long moves there's really no way to tell.
Sadly you will just have to make a call and hope it's the right one sorry for your troubles :(

Well I went ahead and took all of them! The guy seemed very nice! I met him a little less than half way... so I don't know how the rest of the trip went. They were all alive when I handed them over.
I'm hoping he will send me a message tomorrow and say "the fish are doing great in their new home!" Lol...
I miss them already! :( they were really some of my favorite fish!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back