too may bettas!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok im seting up an automated waterchangeing system for my bettas and adding a fue tanks....

my plan is to have 12 tanks (the ones form petsmart that are 1G plastic tanks) im going to cut each tank at teh bottom and silicon in airline tubeing.... this will be teh water exit pipeing....... all the small tubes will meet up with a piece of garden hose with a timer on it ... when the timer comes on it shold drane the tank to the top of teh tube coming up threw the bottom

now the tanks come with a UGF plate so i got a better idea.... im going to run the exit hose up the tube that ataches to the UGF and run it a bit under half way to the top of the tank (this shold keep accedentaly emptying the whole tank)

now im stuck trying to come up with a good way to refill evenly......i have some equpment avalable includeing a univesal water pump and a submesable power head, a 5g glass jug, and various size tubeing/valves/connecters....

if anyone has made anything like this some pics wold be helpfull... mainly on the refill side of things....... or if anyone has some good ideas let me know...

if anyone wants pics of the project when im done ill post them..... that is if i can figure out how to refill :dunno:

if i can get some good ideas tonight i can start this in the morning.... i have 2 of these plastic ones at teh moment and 6 other glass bowls witch will be put away when i have the new plastc ones....

i'm planning to build suck a system but i will be using an overflow system as the water return to a sump. powerheads will drive the water back into the containers.

that way, i never have to worry about my sump overfilling or containers left empty if there's a powerouttage. i will uyse airline tubing for water return to my containers and stick them to the bottom, so the debirs will mix up with water and eventually go down the overflow.

i was thinking about useing overflows for a while... then i just use gravity to clean the tanks..... could sent teh water threw teh UGF plates and have reverse UGF... thats probly what i will end up doing... also then i wont haveot deal with silicon...
ill just make the tnaks drane into a pece of gutter or somthing like that......

Most reactions

trending

Back